Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
History channel new show >

History channel new show

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

History channel new show

Old 04-11-2013, 10:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default History channel new show

Did anyone see this new show on history "chasing tail" it is a complete joke and gives all deer hunters a bad name. The one guy is hunting off a families porch, another shoots a doe and shows absolutely no respect for the animal at all, they are smoking cigs and swearing in almost every scene. I am just disgusted with it, I hope that the show gets pulled before next week so these idiots dont ruin the sport for all of us.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:33 AM
Spike

I didn't think it was too bad. Shows the importance of urban deer management. You can watch it here: http://www.history.com/shows/chasing-tail/videos
Old 04-12-2013, 08:28 AM
Typical Buck

I agree with Artyjoe yes hunting from the deck is questionable but I almost think that part was scripted
Old 04-12-2013, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didnt think it was too bad.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Posted this on the other area you started this topic on.
I agree with most of what everyone was saying. It made it seemed like they were wounding deer, trespassing and such. Plus, they seemed to talk way too much trash about each other. Didn't really like that.

That being said, I do a lot of urban deer hunting. I never have kids in sight of my stand but do it in somewhat of a similar matter. I'll say that these deer are not easier to kill in any way. I'm sure if you sit on someones second floor of their house and shoot out the window it would be tough but these deer know where humans are suppose to be and where they aren't. I sit in spots behind peoples houses in smaller blocks of woods and they still know what is out of the ordinary. I get busted the same amount in my urban hunting as I do out in the hills of Central Illinois. These guys, even though how horrible they portray it, are needed. There are no natural predators in these environments and no hunting so somehow these deer have to be taken. In a town I hunt, last year they paid $12,000 (yes, $12,000) to shoot 10 deer while I hunt about 1/2 mile away legally and sit in a tree waiting for deer. People just don't know that there are people willing to shoot these deer for free for meat and for sport. Its crazy.