Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Just Purchased My Last API Treestand!!!! >

Just Purchased My Last API Treestand!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Just Purchased My Last API Treestand!!!!

Old 09-22-2003, 02:46 PM

Default Just Purchased My Last API Treestand!!!!

I just purchased 2 API Baby-Grand treestands to add to my other 2 API treestands. The treestands were in excellent quality just like my first 2 except for the made in Tawain tag. This simply made me furious. I couldn' t help but think of the several hundred people who lost there American jobs so that Outland Sports could send the jobs overseas and make probably another $2 profit on each stand. Sorry API or Outland Sports or who ever now owns this company you have lost my business. If we as American consumers stand by and watch our jobs go overseas and continue to support companies that do this, our jobs very well may be next!!!! So I am going to return the 2 API treestands and purchase 2 Summit stands. My 2 cents!!
Old 09-22-2003, 02:50 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Just Purchased My Last API Treestand!!!!

I' m with you on this one.Rocky boots did the same thing.Made in USA in Ohio and built up a good rep than ran out of the country for higher profits.
Old 09-22-2003, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

Yep, I knew this. If you notice in the major hunting catalogs now........API is an " imported" stand. I won' t trust my life to any overseas made stands.
Old 09-22-2003, 05:30 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-22-2003, 06:28 PM
Spike

Where are Gorilla stands made?
Old 09-22-2003, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good topic here.For the record I buy summit stands.We as americans and or hunters should boycott more products because of corporate greed.When I heard rocky moved overseas,I e-mailed them and told them what I thought.I also told them I heard the quality has gone down since the move.They e-mailed back and gave me a bunch of bs but at least they know how I felt.
Old 09-22-2003, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thought API was out of outlands hands now? Heard Paul
took it back I could be wrong but Jeff Quadi that used to
work for Lohmans said that!
Old 09-22-2003, 06:35 PM

Check out the Big Shot made by Buck Shot Stands. They are made here in Wilmington NC. I had one and someone liked it better then me and stole it out of my work van. They are very good stands. The safest I have ever been in.
Old 09-22-2003, 06:37 PM

Looks like last years API stand was my last too, and for those rocky boots I have been looking at for the last two turkey seasons....well not now!

Thanks for the notice guys.
Old 09-22-2003, 07:18 PM
Fork Horn

just can' t trust a foreign made stand that I' m trusting with my life Like was said before -corporate greed is really playing hardball on our own workforce. Another thing--should there be an accident with one of these foreign products how hard would the liability issues be being as made out of country. Just a thought.

Quick Reply: Just Purchased My Last API Treestand!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.