Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Oct 27 th bow kill >

Oct 27 th bow kill

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Oct 27 th bow kill

Old 01-23-2013, 09:21 AM
Typical Buck

All i can say is wow. No wonder you have it as your avatar already. Congrats. HD.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:01 PM
Fork Horn

Gorgeous buck. I hunted in Ashland county 2 years ago. Saw a couple of nice bucks, but nothing like the one you shot. Congrats! Planning another trip too Ohio this fall but I will be hunting on the AEP land in Coshocton county. Have you heard anthing about the AEP land, and when do the hunting licenses go on sale for the upcoming season?
Old 01-23-2013, 04:45 PM
Dominant Buck

Holy cats, thats a beast. No wonder you are smiling like a coon eating chit. Excellent.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:27 PM
Typical Buck

great ohio buck!!
Old 01-25-2013, 05:06 AM
Fork Horn

Awsome story and great deer!!!! You should be a writer or something haha.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys! Yes thats why I have chesher cat grin. VTBoneCollector: No I don't know alot about deer hunting AEP land. I played ball out of Coshocton for a long time and alot of my teammates had hunted there. From what i gathered its like most big tracts of public ground. Do your scouting with google maps. Pinpoint your areas of interest and hunt hard dark to dark everyday your here. What dates will you be here? Hunt light, hunt long, shoot straight.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:07 AM
Fork Horn

We'll be in Ohio on Oct. 18th and heading home on the 26th. I've been looking at Google Earth and have picked out some spots but I would like to find some better topo maps
Old 01-27-2013, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Those are good dates as long as the weather cooperates. Round here the deer should be starting to heat up. Ususally dont see much chasing until the first two weeks of november. As far as the topo maps you can purchase GIS maps for pretty cheap then laminate them. If i were you i would prolly opt to camp on AEP land if you can. Be more work and not as comfy but would get you into more remote areas for longer periods of time, upping your odds of scoring even more.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:17 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the advice popeandyoungchaser. We'll look into doing that in a couple of years. For now my dad goes with us and he's up there in age and wouldn't do well in that kind of hunting. Also, my brothers daughter still youth hunts but when she gets too old we want to go in the first week of Nov. I'll have to check out those maps, thanks a bunch.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got ya. Yea it definately makes it a tougher hunt when ya do it that way. Good luck with your hunt next fall. If ya have any other questions, feel free to ask man.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.