Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
suggestions and why for a new bow >

suggestions and why for a new bow

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

suggestions and why for a new bow

Old 12-25-2012, 09:05 AM
Spike

Default suggestions and why for a new bow

So here's the deal. I'm looking for a new bow. Its either going to be a PSE or a Diamond. Basically because of cost. I'm open to any other suggestions but that is what my reseach has narrowed it down to. I'm not growing anymore so adaptability is not a major concern. Once it gets set at the shop it will stay a that poundage and weight. It will be used to hunt deer only.
Thanks in advance.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:27 AM
Typical Buck

I dont think you can go wrong with either brand, I have not shot a diamond in a long long time, But while getting some work done on my bow at a local archery shop a couple months ago, i got the chance to shoot the pse revenge and man it was a fast and sweet shooting bow. When i first started bowhunting, pse was junk imo, but i think that they have come a long way in the last few years. good luck in your search.
Old 12-25-2012, 04:46 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot a 2012 diamond outlaw and love it and the cost $500.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Determine your budget if you haven't already and go from there. One thing I have learned over the years is newer and modern doesn't always equal better. Today's bows are all decent so you are not going to sacrifice quality in significant ways.

I shoot a Z7 extreme now, but if I could get my old mathews bow back that some guy sold me years ago I would in a second. It would be comparable to any average bow on the market today. I couldn't go wrong with that bow. Killed every deer that came within range of me. Only reason I still don't shoot it is because it broke due to my fooling with the string and severely weakening it.

Point is don't pay so much attention to brands but do a proper evaluation. It's much easier to just set your sights on a well known brand that you can afford, but save yourself a lot of misery and evaluate at least three different bows. You will be glad you did.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:12 AM
Typical Buck

The Martin bows are also a good company to look at. They have added split limb bows in their line-up this year and the bows are cost effective in a package deal. I have been shooting Martin for about 6 years now and really like them. Whichever bow you go with, you definitely have to shoot it to know it feels right for you.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:14 AM
Typical Buck

Also, now is the time to buy if you are looking for a deal. The 2013 bows are coming out and you can usually find a good deal on some of the discontinued models that the bow companies are dropping.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:26 AM
Fork Horn

pse brute. cheap, fast, effective. cant go wrong.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:24 PM
Spike

I personally am buying the PSE Omen Pro. Super fast and not too heavy either. It is a little tough to get used to the draw cycle, but it is hella smooth. arguably one of the fastest bows out there if fitted correctly. but make sure you have your draw length set when you order because they are not adjustable and for that reason makes them such a fast and constant shooting bow. I love it and it SCREAMS when you fire it. Hope this helped! - Jimmy
Old 12-28-2012, 09:19 PM
Spike

If you don't have a couple grand to put into a bow then check into the Bear attack or Bear carnage. They are both fast (345 and 340 respectfully) and are super smooth drawing bows with firm backwalls. I have personally shot both bows. You can buy a new 2012 model of either bow for under $700 for a set up kit on ebay. They're great for a starter bow that you can grow into and shoot for years!!
Old 12-29-2012, 03:43 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Savage Sniper
pse brute. cheap, fast, effective. cant go wrong.
X2 My old man picked one up and I tell you Im impressed with how hard that bow hits.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.