Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Got my new bow - The AR 34 >

Got my new bow - The AR 34

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Got my new bow - The AR 34

Old 09-17-2003, 08:59 PM

Default Got my new bow - The AR 34

Well guys.... after going and shooting the Mathews LX yesterday, and then shooting the AR 34 today - I bought the AR 34...... When I shot it, and the first 3 arrows I shot were touching - I was sold.... I have heard people say they thought the AR was not as smooth, or quiet..... I have to say though - I sure didnt see the noticable differance... and the AR felt better in my hand and I didnt have any problem with the string hitting my arm (which it did shooting the LX but VERY slight) So I got the AR..... I also have to give the AR a really high mark for the handle design... very nice, and just feels great......

Anyway - thanks to all the guys that offered their opinions last week...... I have to say - Id never buy a bow without doing a shot to shot comparison again. In my opinion, the bow shoots every bit as well... and even better - I like the way it feels in my hand and Im already tack driving with it.

SPECS :

28" draw, plus my string loop
60-70 Pound
34" Axel to Axel (AR 34)
Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter Rest
Alpine Archery 3 arrow quiver - By the way - If you have not seen this quiver - I give it a 4.8 out of 5...... what a fantastic quiver for hunting.......
Old 09-17-2003, 09:04 PM

Default RE: Got my new bow - The AR 34

thats the bow Im wanting to get. Is the draw adjustable with cam modules or separate cams? I have a short draw length (26.75" )
Old 09-17-2003, 09:11 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats. on your new bow, you won' t be sorry!!! I shoot the AR31 and in the Quiet and Smooth category it blows my Mathews away.
Jason, they change cams on their bows, no modules for draw lenght change.
Old 09-18-2003, 09:03 PM

Congrats on the AR I love mine too, its awesome and Ive got it shooting great.
Old 09-19-2003, 06:44 AM

I got mine shootingbullets holes late last night... I was having a little trouble setting my Trophy Taker " shakey hunter" drop away...... I am shooting cock feather up - and the 2 lower vanes were barely hitting the outer ' wings' on the rest........ So after moving my loop (what a pain) a few times, and adjusting the rest... I finally backed up to 6-7' - PERFECT bullet hole.......

Then I shot at 40....... I used my old sight..... wow- I almost shot over the target... I had set the 20 yard pin, and had left the spacing the same (from my other bow) I barely hit the target... so I shot the 30 yard pin...... 3 bullseyes, and i called it quits....... Not bad I thought for a bow I got 2 days ago ... a 3" group at 40 yards......
Old 09-19-2003, 07:07 AM

Congrats on your AR-34.After hunting season is over,and I get the itch for new stuff,thats one of the bows I' am going to take a look at....Bob
Old 09-19-2003, 07:47 AM

Congratulations on the new bow. It all comes down to what feels good in your hand. Sounds like a good shooter

Good Luck