Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Peak strikes again! Pic of buck, Ty Cardeer >

Peak strikes again! Pic of buck, Ty Cardeer

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Peak strikes again! Pic of buck, Ty Cardeer

Old 09-16-2003, 11:55 PM
Banned

Default Peak strikes again! Pic of buck, Ty Cardeer

Well I got me a 8 pointer on 09/15/03@06:50 P.M. My brother at 05:15ish shot at a 8 pointer and it took off. He walked over to my stand and stated he had shot one so I said at 6:00 we will track it. At 06:00ish we walked about 40 Yrds from where the shot accord. (Swamp area) and jumped the buck and decided to layoff until morning. It looked like it was gut shot by the way it ran. So we decided to hunt his stand since its 2 stands in one tree. He brought his video camera with.
We got up in the stand and after about 25 minutes right in front of me a buck come out from the oak hill. He stood around facing me eating some browse then all of a sudden his head lifted up and started inhaling the air. I knew right then he was gonna turn and head from where he came from. He smelled us a tad. I decided as soon as he turned im shooting. Sure enough he turned to the left and i pulled back and fired and wasnt sure if it was hit being only about 10 yards away but the light was fading. My brother got it all on video and after replaying it we seen that it was a hit. We got down and walked over but did not see the arrow.
After about 5 yards into the woods we seen good red blood. By this time we got the flash lights out walked about 35 yards to the northeast and sure enough there he was. By the time we did our duties and got him to the truck it was about 09:00 pm. We called my brothers friend and told him about my buck and my brothers buck. We decided since it took so long with my buck were not gonna wait till morning and go track his. About 10:00 ish we took off to track and followed up from where we jumped it. We went about 45 yards and found him. We were all just in aw that 2 bucks from one stand within about hour 1/2 and one caught on video. I will never ever forget this. Thanks For reading this story of mine.
I also would like to THANKS cardeer because this is the 2nd year wearing that
necklace of his and in 3 days of hunting going back to last year 2 bucks. Before that no buck in 8 years of hunting Wisconsin so Thank You cardeer for the luck.

Peak *Im the one on the left*

Live and learn

Old 09-17-2003, 12:15 AM

Default RE: Peak strikes again! Pic of buck, Ty Cardeer

thats awesome congrats!!!!!
Old 09-17-2003, 02:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thats great news, all you guys need to pick up for me.I am not sure how long my health will hold out this season.I did set up some ground blinds for are season,but getting around is going rough. I' m going to give it a good try,we will see if my body will hold out. That pic of 2 buck out of the same stand is awesome,What time of night was it taken? did you ever get any sleep that night??????
Old 09-17-2003, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats! That' s awesome
Old 09-17-2003, 10:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Great story, great pics with some healthy smiles... Congrat' s and to Cardeer from me....your necklace will always grace my neck as I hunt as well as my trucks rear view mirror when I don' t....thank you.
Old 09-17-2003, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to your and your brother
Old 09-17-2003, 11:08 AM
Fork Horn

Cool story and nice bucks... Congrats!
Old 09-17-2003, 11:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats to you and your brother and thanks for sharing the story and pics
Old 09-17-2003, 12:19 PM

Congrats on both of your bucks, thanks for sharing.
Old 09-17-2003, 12:50 PM
Typical Buck

congrats to both of ya' ll.

Quick Reply: Peak strikes again! Pic of buck, Ty Cardeer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.