Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Finally someone shows the reality of bowhunting >

Finally someone shows the reality of bowhunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Finally someone shows the reality of bowhunting

Old 11-24-2012, 07:11 AM
Spike

Default Finally someone shows the reality of bowhunting

I have been bowhunting for 12 years and have taken my fair share of deer with a bow. I have also lost a few through the years. 3 years ago I had an opportunity at a 160" 12 pt that was trailing a doe. I bleated to stop him in my shooting lane and knew to aim low because of the scenario. He ducked and turned as the arrow entered resulting in a high shot. Needless to say he wasn't recovered as the shot was above the lungs and below the spine. We photographed him 1 week later in the same area with a doe.

The guys from The Management Advantage just had a show along the same lines. It's nice to see someone actually airing that type of footage and using it as an educational tool. It happens to everyone, but it's kind of a forbidden topic. Here's the show: http://themanagementadvantage.com/home/hunting-the-rut/
Old 11-24-2012, 07:27 AM
Fork Horn

If you like shows like that, which I also enjoy, you should try watching midwest whitetails on the internet.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:27 PM
Typical Buck

check out leatherwoodoutdoors channel on youtube. best filmed real hunting, fishing and trapping on public and private land i've seen
Old 11-25-2012, 03:26 AM
Spike

I'll check them out guys.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

thats hunting