Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lone Wolf??

Old 11-15-2012, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Lone Wolf??

Hey guys.

I am looking to grab a portable stand that I can use to take on trips with me or on public land and hang it when I get there then take it with me.

I was thinking a climber. Something like the Lone Wolf Hand Climber. I was wondering if a Lone Wolf Assault/Alpha Stand plus three lone wolf sticks would work just as well if not better. That way I can leave a few E-Z Hang hooks around in trees I normally visit.

Any other stands I should look into?

Steven
Old 11-16-2012, 02:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have the LW sit and climb, and wouldn't hunt with any other stand. Seriously! I also have the Assault hang on, but I don't use it very often. The sit and climb is my "go to" stand.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was just thinking that the assault + sticks would let me get into more trees than the hand climber, but the hand climber would be faster to get up in a tree.....that is where I am torn. The sit and climb looks great, but I don't know if I want to drop 400+ on a stand just yet.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by pa_yote_hunter
I was just thinking that the assault + sticks would let me get into more trees than the hand climber, but the hand climber would be faster to get up in a tree.....that is where I am torn. The sit and climb looks great, but I don't know if I want to drop 400+ on a stand just yet.
All of the above is true, but after you get over the sticker shock of the sit and climb you'll be glad you bought it. I will guarantee this! It will last your hunting lifetime.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:08 PM
Fork Horn

I love my alpha sit and climb stand had it for many years and took some nice bucks/does with it only prob i have with it is if you wear rubber boots like i do (cabela's 1200 insulated) it is hard to put them into the area where you need to to on the platform..i asked them about that afew years ago and they said they have no plans to change the stand. also i like to sit for a lil while. about 2hours bf sunset in my area..but sometimes you get a suprise and have to stand up...but you cant just fold the seat and stand..it will fall down and make noise.. you have to stand and at same time grab seat and swivel it around and try to twist it and drop bh tree out of way and rest it on the tracktion belt of the platform.. great stand and i love it's lightness and stealth..but the seat is a PITA..been thinking of buying the new sit/climb/folding seat they got. alil more work..but..otherwise LW makes a great stand and if anyone can tell me how to allivate my prob with the seat on my stand i would be greatly appcted!!!

Last edited by LI archer; 11-16-2012 at 06:13 PM. Reason: spelling errors...
Old 11-17-2012, 12:20 AM
Spike

Good thread, I always like them.

Old 11-19-2012, 03:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Good to know

when I'm hauling with my old bones, my rehabbed tree stand of some $165 when new, in and out of the woods, the newbies will be hauling a $450 or so, state of the art tree stand, into and out of the woods.