Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Curious

Old 11-14-2012, 04:58 PM
Spike

Default Curious

During the rut a lot of people use calls and scents and a lot of people just sit and do nothing. Who sees the most deer. What do you do during the rut when you see the most deer did you call them in or were you sitting still
Old 11-15-2012, 02:20 AM
Typical Buck

I think I've only ever blind called in a deer a few times and its usually a little curious spike, but I did call in a decent buck once with a can call. Rattlin and gruntin has never got me anywhere except with a buck I can see. I've called in several that I could see. Makes me think that timing the calling to his reactions is super important and not something I can do without seeing him I guess.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Silence is golden, but if you see a buck and he's not going to come your way, that's a good time to use the "Can" or maybe a grunt tube. When you call in a deer you'll be dealing with a deer that's on alert though. I never blind call.