Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Looking for new arrow rest >

Looking for new arrow rest

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Looking for new arrow rest

Old 11-04-2012, 09:10 AM
Spike

Default Looking for new arrow rest

My QAD rest keeps ripping off fletching from my arrows, I originally thought it was just a bad glue job on them but a buddy said he had the same rest and it turned out to just be making contact.... so im going today to get them re glued if i can, then looking to get a new rest, hopefully that fixes the problem.
But my question is what rests are you shooting now? Do you like it? Pros and cons... or what is a new good rest. I was thinking about a rip cord and have heard some good things about them. Feedback would be greatly apreciated. Thanks in advance!
Old 11-04-2012, 09:23 AM
Typical Buck

What QAD is it? The hunter model? If so, they have a reputation of bouncing back up and causing contact. I have a Ripcord Code Red and it is a great rest. Drops very quickly.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:38 AM
Spike

I believe thats what it is. My friend just got a code red ripcord rest, im gonna see how he likes his before I make my decision. Ive heard bad things about the cheaper QAD so I figured that was the problem.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:13 PM
Fork Horn

I got the QAD ultrarest 2 years ago and i love it...but it did take a little doing to get it tuned in. Mine was ripping fletching off too. Make sure that the people at the archery shop put the nocking point high enough...maybe just a touch above square. I had to go to the closest archery shop probably 6 times for a total of probably 8 or 10 hours with a couple of arguments to finally get it tuned in.

But once it got tuned in i love it...full capture with a dropaway is exactly what i wanted and i shoot much more accurately now than i did with my old 2 prong rest.

Also make sure that you put the cock feather straight up (edited...not down). Good luck!

Last edited by westcyderydin; 11-06-2012 at 06:38 AM.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:39 AM
Fork Horn

Want to make sure that you put the cock feather up...i was distracted and wrote down on my post before, don't want to screw anybody up.