Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bad Afternoon

Old 11-03-2012, 01:52 PM
Spike

Default Bad Afternoon

I was on my way to my stand this evening and to my surprise it was gone. I hunt private property and the stand is not visible from the road. The property owner was not aware of it missing. Must have wanted it bad had it chained and locked to tree. Makes me mad. I know i'm not the only one this happens to. sorry about the venting.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Had it chained and locked and they still took it?? Someone knew it was there and took some bolt cutters with them to get it.. Was it a ladder stand? No tracks?
Old 11-05-2012, 11:21 AM
Spike

Yeah it was a ladder stand. Wasn't an expensive stand but still my money. didnt see any tracks. The thing that gets me is thier is two others stands on the tree line within 80 yds. They are still there. Granted mine was in better shape. The only other thing is it's close to property line but still on my side of line just as the others are to.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:54 AM
Typical Buck

That sucks man. I'm lucky enough to never have had that happen to me.

I did however have another hunter walk up to me about daylight and told me to get off of his property. He stated he had permission from the landowner to hunt it and no one else did. He left quickly once he knew I was the landower. I then watched him walk across the road and into another woods. Never saw the guy again.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

That sucks! They should do the same thing to thieves in North America that they do in the middle east.