Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Newb

Old 10-29-2012, 12:13 PM
Spike

Default Newb

I am a total newb to bow hunting, but love the outdoors and it has been something that has interested me for a long time. I am looking to buy my first bow and I am looking for something that is of good quality, but I also don't want to break the bank. The two that I have been considering are the PSE Stinger 3g and the Diamond Outlaw. I have done a tone of research and read reviews, but I was hoping to get opinions on each from others that own or have shot them. Also any tips that you wish someone would have given you when you started.Thanks!
Old 10-29-2012, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

Look in cabelas bargain cave. Now is about the time you will have last years bows being put in there at a discount to get rid of them before the new models come out.

I started with a Bear Strike ready to hunt package. Ran about 500 bucks. I have no intentions of hanging it out any time soon. It's a old bow.

Diamonds are also good. Basically a 2- year old bowtec model...
Old 10-30-2012, 07:19 AM
Spike

Default PSE Stinger

The PSE Stinger is a great Bow and just starting out you might want a 50lb draw, and the stinger rts package has a good price to start with. Take a look at the link below for some great deals and also don't hesitate to ask for discounts.

PSE Compound Bows

Last edited by unlimitedhunter; 10-30-2012 at 07:47 AM.