Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Midnight boys

Old 10-28-2012, 04:26 PM
Spike

Default Midnight boys

So i have these nice bucks that I have a lot of pictures of, but they are only coming through in the middle of the night. I'm guessing that the woods I am hunting is a transition woods and they don't hang around in there. How can I keep the deer there long enough so I can see them in the daylight?
Attached Thumbnails Midnight boys-camera-013.jpg   Midnight boys-trail-cam-003.jpg  
Old 10-29-2012, 08:52 AM
Spike

I have the same problem on the small area we have behind our house. Deer tracks everywhere,at NIGHT! lol
Old 10-29-2012, 03:38 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by hoytWI
So i have these nice bucks that I have a lot of pictures of, but they are only coming through in the middle of the night. I'm guessing that the woods I am hunting is a transition woods and they don't hang around in there. How can I keep the deer there long enough so I can see them in the daylight?
Wouldnt worry much, been the same here in NE Wi. They will be showing soon be patient.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:41 PM
Fork Horn

If you spend enough time on stand you see them during daylight. They will get some love in their nose and make that vital mistake. Just got to be there when they make the mistake.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:19 PM
Typical Buck

Set up a mock scrape with a dripper. That has worked for me in the past, except I wasn't on stand when they came to the scrape, just got them on camera.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

Either sit in the stand for hours and wait until they mess up or plant a food plot in there so it holds does then the bucks might scent check alot more often during the rut etc..
Old 10-31-2012, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't worry my friend, a week from now he'll be looking for alittle love.....
Old 11-01-2012, 11:12 AM
Spike

So I found a sitter to watch my little hunter!! (He's only 4 months, so little early to take him out!) I am gonna head out and see what walks by the stand tonight!!! This is the first year of seeing deer of this caliber near our land, so to say that I am excited is an understatement!!! Good luck to everyone else, and hopefully I will have good news to report!