Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Bow Hunter

Old 10-27-2012, 03:55 PM
Spike

Default New Bow Hunter

Finally broke down and bought my first bow last season, PSE Stinger. I figured for the price ready to shoot it was a good choice for my first. Did hours on hours of practice in the back yard getting ready for my first hunt, only to sent out of the country for work for the entire season. Ill be back for the second half of this season, not a lot of time for scouting. So Im in need of any and all tips yall big bucks have to give me. So what do you got??
Old 10-27-2012, 04:13 PM
Typical Buck

The first step i use is to get on google earth and get a good view of the hunting area, you can usually get a good idea where to find deer on the property from that. Next step is to go out with binoculars in the early morning to mid morning and evening and physically see where the deer are moving. From this you can get a good idea on bedding and feeding areas. Next i grab my stand or blind and get in the woods and look for trails and deer sign to set it by. Best of luck to ya. Be sure to post a pic when you get your first archery deer.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:38 PM
Fork Horn

Check the perimeter of area you will be hunting,multiple areas for options great of course. Find where deer go in and out and when. Stand site with wind in mind. Tweak to fit patterns.
Back to practice again. Once in stand pick a leaf at 10 yards(with bow right? L.o.l.) and take a shot. Practice tip or well marked broadhead matching what your hunting with. Leave it till you leave. Remember to bend at waist if your in a tree,don,t drop arm!. This saves alot of grief sometimes with clothing contact and other gremlins you don,t want on a deer shot after all your scouting and set up. Happy hunting.