Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Storm coming

Old 10-26-2012, 10:16 PM
Spike

Default Storm coming

Fellers how do you think this big hurricane will drive deer moventment next week? Northeast US and Eastern US (NY, OH, WV, PA) all suppost to get cold temp and heavy rain or snow.

its supposed to hit Monday so im gonna try to be in stand Mon Daylight hoping deer sense it and will rush to feed up
Old 10-27-2012, 12:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Everything that deer would normally do, this year they haven't.. I don't know what they will do for the next 4 or 5 days of rain we are suppose to get.. So far this season has sucked.. Deer are only moving at night around here.. I'm seeing more and more rubs and scrapes, so maybe the rut will kick in soon.. God I hope so.... lol.. This is the worst season ever.. I have NEVER gone this long without having a deer on the ground.. Hell I haven't even gotten to shot at one yet... I have seen 1 deer while in my stand, yup, 1, in 4 weeks......
Old 10-28-2012, 07:17 AM
Fork Horn

Hope that storm doesnt get me stuck in Vermont later this week..... I gotta go out there for work and hopefully that storm doesnt disrupt the work activities and keep me there any longer. I dont want it messing up my bowhunting week and a half of vacation I am planning here in WI!!!
Old 10-28-2012, 08:50 AM
Typical Buck

I feel sorry for you guys, I would hate living in high populated hurricane territory, nonetheless, hope you all fair out well and good luck hunting.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

I wish everyone well as well with the most minimal of damages! My thoughts will surely be with you all!
Old 10-28-2012, 10:27 AM
Fork Horn

Im in vermont it doesnt sound like it will be to bad here. 1-3 inches of rain and some wind.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:11 PM
Typical Buck

Be safe everyone huntin is a privilege and gift take care of you and yours
Treebeard
Old 10-29-2012, 09:43 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for everyone's concern! It is actually getting bad right now here in southern PA. It sounds like we have several days of real bad weather. Our archery season my be destroyed by this storm. Everyone is predicting the men's in the local my be unpassible due to all the down trees. Honestly I am seriously worried about the trees around our house!
Everything is already starting flood around us! I was really hoping this storm would have blown out to sea. The eye is to go right past our area on Tuesday evening.

Good luck to all those that are able to get out hunting!
Old 10-31-2012, 12:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

We didn't end up getting nearly what they where calling for.. We got just some pretty high winds ( 60mph gust ) and only about an inch of rain.. A few lines and trees down but nothing bad.. I still haven't gone over to look at my stands yet, had to wait for the creek to go down.. Its wasn't to high but not worth risking it, I can wait. Hope those threes are still standing or at least if they did fall, they fell to the opposite side that my stand is on. Hope everyone else made out all right...
Old 11-01-2012, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

My power is still out!!!!

Hatchet Jack

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.