Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Help with Wounded Warrior hunt please. >

Help with Wounded Warrior hunt please.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help with Wounded Warrior hunt please.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:58 AM
Typical Buck

Default Help with Wounded Warrior hunt please.

I was contacted yesterday by an Illinois Wounded Warrior asking for my help in finding places for him to bowhunt near his home in Pekin, IL.

I am doing two WW hunts this year in cooperation with two outfitters in Western IL. I have shared the WW's message with them and am awaiting their response.

Hosting a WW is one of the most personal and fulfilling ways you can show your appreciation for someone who has laid their life on the line for America.

This WW received several bullet wounds and lost an eye in service to his country.

Please PM me if you are interested in helping this young man return to the woods.

Thank you, and God Bless America.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:40 AM
Spike

If i had ground in his area you bet I would let him hunt. Sorry i cant help.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:05 AM
Fork Horn

No connection here either. Please thank him for his service. I,m cheering for him. As one who's hunting now usually done from a chair i assure him it is worth doing and only he can determine his limits!. Welcome home soldier!.
Does n.w.t.f. have a wheeling hunter chapter in area?could have leads on properties.
Sportsman's(persons) clubs and churches worth a shot too.