Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Acorns!

Old 10-12-2012, 03:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Acorns!

I think it is safe to say everybody else out there besides me is seeing a bumper crop of acorns this year. Movement has been slow for me and my comrades, and I have to think this is relative.

But, tomorrow morning is supposed to be in the low thirties walking in the woods. I am very pumped for that. I really hope the cold morning gets them moving.

I have a feeder in my yard and they are hitting that at night for the most part. You guys experiencing the same thing? I'm in Maryland, btw.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:55 AM
Banned

yep the acorns are everywhere.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:11 AM
Typical Buck

Not seeing a lot of movement in central Va. Seen a few smaller bucks moving around by themselves but no does at all. Lots of acorns hitting the ground for sure.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Opening day and the first couple of weeks there was a bunch of movement. The last few times out I haven't seen anything moving at all... The acorns did drop early this year and the majority of it was scarfed up. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:10 PM
Fork Horn

Here in western PA i have a few stand locations that are in white oaks. Some spots have tons of acorns and others not many.. its kinda weird. Im in a stand as we speak in the acorns so we will see how tonight goes!