Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
arrow awareness.. please read >

arrow awareness.. please read

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

arrow awareness.. please read

Old 10-10-2012, 06:31 PM
Typical Buck

Proof that one MUST check your arrows after every shot. I don't know what those guys were shooting but IMO it pays to get a manufactures best products if at all possiable. I have also gotten into the habit of shooting at a 5 spot target, so I'm not shooting at my previous arrows already in the target.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the warning,I look at my arrows after each shot and if there is even a nick in them they get tossed.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:17 AM
Fork Horn

Man thats gotta hurt!!!
Lets do our best to be safe out there!
Old 10-13-2012, 04:15 AM
Typical Buck

That looks horrible! I'm new to bowhunting and never thought about flexing my arrows. Will be doing that from now on!
Old 10-19-2012, 07:35 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by PassThruArchery
I shot Carbon Express arrows, but I've always loved Gold Tips because they actually put a little decal on all their shafts that says "Flex First" with little diagram of two hands flexing an arrow. It's great advice and something I do on a regular basis. So much in fact that I don't even think about it anymore, it's just naturally what happens when I pull the arrow from the target and go to put it in my quiver. You can hear the sound of it crinkle, like wadding up a piece of paper when there is a small crack or splinter in the arrow. If you flex it and it makes noise, throw it away immediately. Arrows are expensive, but I think what this poor kid went through and the medical costs involved, buying new ones would have been worth it.

Hope he makes a quick recovery. Just remember, FLEX FIRST!!
That seems like solid advice. Thanks! Also, don't shoot arrows that are too short for you and your bow...