Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Get tricked

Old 10-07-2012, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Get tricked

How many have switched over to slick tricks? I did years back when Rage gave me some problems. I will say that Rage is the best bad shot broadhead on the market. If your a terrible shot and gut shoot a lot of deer, then you want rage. But if you want a true flying broadhead from 20, 30, 40 even 50 yards then get some tricks. The four cut head leave's massive holes and crushes bone. If you don't believe me "google" it.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:54 PM
Typical Buck

been shooting them for years from everything from a compound to a crossbow..love them!
Old 10-07-2012, 04:46 PM
Typical Buck

i don't think big cutting diameters make up for being inadequate with a bow.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:12 PM
Fork Horn

If you tune your arrows currectly with the currect spline, shaft length & fletch, any broadhead will fly straight with a little practice. Some broadhead / arrow combinations simply don't work good together. So you can't call a certain broadhead inaccurate, it would have to be a combination of everything involved.

Muzzy....... if you need a bone crushing broadhead.

Last edited by 7MMXBOLT; 10-07-2012 at 05:22 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by huntingkidPA View Post
i don't think big cutting diameters make up for being inadequate with a bow.
Amen to that!
I used Razor Tricks one year and was the first time in 5 years that I didn't get a pass through without hitting shoulder. The previous buck were all pass throughs with Magnus Stingers (including a true 200+ whitetail) and 53# - 28"draw.
I have recently switched to a newer bow and I am shooting 64# @ 28" and this year I am trying mechanicals for the first time. I opted for the G5 T3.
But I am still skeptical about mechanicals and I believe I will go back to STs. But I will get the Viper Tricks because I like the design and they look awful strong.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

My father shots muzzy and he'll never change. If its not broke don't fix it...right?
Old 10-11-2012, 10:54 AM
Typical Buck

From my experience, any decent, sharp broadhead will get the job done if you put in in the 8 ring.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:36 PM
Fork Horn

No mechanical can fix a bad shot ....But I have seen alot of mechanicals make things alot worse.....