Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Good one:venison hotdogs and potatoes >

Good one:venison hotdogs and potatoes

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Good one:venison hotdogs and potatoes

Old 09-28-2012, 04:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default Good one:venison hotdogs and potatoes

A few days ago I posted my method of cooking venison loin on the grill (nothing really new,but good).Here is another one to try.I just picked up 42 lbs. of venison hotdogs from the 8 pt. that I killed last week and decided to make this tonight.My mother use to make it (still does actually) when we were kids,but used regular hotdogs back then.Here are the ingredients; about 8 or so venison hotdogs,4 red peppers,4 yellow peppers, 6 to 8 poatoes chicken broth,and one large yellow onion.Cut everyting up,saute' the onion and peppers until soft.Then add the potatoes, and hotdogs and as much chicken broth as you like.Cover and let simmer until the potatoes are fork tender.Salt and pepper to taste.I do this in a ducth oven on the stove.This is a real good hearty fall meal.

42 lbs. of venison hotdogs

venison hotdogs and potatoes;outstanding
Old 09-28-2012, 06:30 PM
Fork Horn

LMAO!! my mother taught me to cook that.. a little different but an awesome meal.
we normally use polish sausage, but the deer weinnies sounds like a good idea. on oiur last float trip i made some and we also added cream cheese to the mix and alot more jalepenos than we normally would... it would set your @$$ on fire but oh man was it good... IMO anything in a dutch oven taste better