Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Is it ethical to shoot a running deer with a bow? >

Is it ethical to shoot a running deer with a bow?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: Would you shoot a non-wounded running deer with a bow?
Yes
11.11%
No
88.89%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Is it ethical to shoot a running deer with a bow?

Old 09-21-2012, 07:31 AM
Typical Buck

You did teach your son very well, he must have practiced alot to make that shot, i mean 10 yards, on the run, and i am sure he was aiming for the spine, which is about the diameter of my big toe. You said earlier in your orginal thread that you guys practice on rabbits on the run, if that deer in the video was a rabbit he would have missed.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

this is where fugritter comes in every other thread to defend himself and his teachings to his son.
as mentioned, it was painfully obvious it was a horrid shot on the deer that shouldnt have been attempted....unless in fact he was aiming at the top "third" of the deer, or the spinal cord.....
that being said, ritter, you should be jumping in saying maybe he needs more target practice (not on live game, but paper thats "runnin" by) before he(yer son) tries that again.
i bet if you had no influence on yer sons answer, i bet he woulda said it was a bad shot! and if asked if he should practice alot more b4 shooting at running deer, i bet he would say yes. he doesnt have the years of experience that his dad supposedly does...as proven in the video.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sdhunter11
You did teach your son very well, he must have practiced alot to make that shot, i mean 10 yards, on the run, and i am sure he was aiming for the spine, which is about the diameter of my big toe. You said earlier in your orginal thread that you guys practice on rabbits on the run, if that deer in the video was a rabbit he would have missed.
100 outta 100 times
Old 09-21-2012, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lame comeback from a couple jealous kids.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by furgitter
Lame comeback from a couple jealous kids.
i take from the basic schrug off that we made valid points, even to you.
no one actually thought bad of you, people were just lettin ya in on -ethical hunting. no one taught me, had to learn on my own. now i gotta teach what i picked up so far to my kids. will i always be right? no! i wish..lol..then i could be lbr..another lol
all i can do is tell the kids..."look, i fugged up...what i showed you is in question, and may not be right.. here is something someone taught me. is the other way wrong? im not sure now, but its frowned upon, and we are going to try it this way."
Old 09-21-2012, 04:22 PM
Typical Buck

I believe it boils down to those who think & act like a Natural Predator VS those who think & act like a Conflicted Predator. A Natural Predator, such as wolves, mnt lions, hyenas, etc, show no compunction towards their prey. Were as some here seem to be Conflicted Predators. They seem to be a predator, but a predator with feelings of guilt towards their prey.

The definition of 'Hunting Ethics' has to do with the following of statutes, regulations & practicing Fair Chase guidelines. So with that said, I believe this is a debate of 'Personal Ethics'. In which I believe has nothing to do with hunting animals for food.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by On_Point
I believe it boils down to those who think & act like a Natural Predator VS those who think & act like a Conflicted Predator. A Natural Predator, such as wolves, mnt lions, hyenas, etc, show no compunction towards their prey. Were as some here seem to be Conflicted Predators. They seem to be a predator, but a predator with feelings of guilt towards their prey.

The definition of 'Hunting Ethics' has to do with the following of statutes, regulations & practicing Fair Chase guidelines. So with that said, I believe this is a debate of 'Personal Ethics'. In which I believe has nothing to do with hunting animals for food.
thats what distinguishes us from "animals"
Old 09-21-2012, 05:12 PM
Typical Buck

No, that's what distinguishes you from me. I don't feel guilt for my deer. I thank God for a bountiful harvest, but I never feel guilt for killing him.

Maybe youde be better suited as a wildlife photographer. Just a thought.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:16 PM
Typical Buck

To me it is all about respect, If you spine a deer, which i am sure alot of us have, at least have enough RESPECT to put that animal out of its misery ASAP.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by On_Point
No, that's what distinguishes you from me. I don't feel guilt for my deer. I thank God for a bountiful harvest, but I never feel guilt for killing him.

Maybe youde be better suited as a wildlife photographer. Just a thought.
well i wouldnt say guilt, but i have respect is what im gettin at

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.