Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Stolen Trail Camera/Gear? >

Stolen Trail Camera/Gear?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stolen Trail Camera/Gear?

Old 09-19-2012, 07:37 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by early in
huntingkid, what type of public land are you referring to? SGL, SF, or SP? They don't all have the same regulations regarding treestand use. I hunt State Park land a lot, and you can't leave stands (or anything else) in the woods. They must be removed when you leave. This avoids any possible conflict between hunters, which makes perfect sense. Putting up a stand and leaving it on public land is "staking your claim". There are NO claims on public land, first come, first served.
i havent checked PA regs on that in a while,
last i recall i agree, cant leave anything behind on SGL's
that includes stands and cams,
i will double check the regs to refresh my memory and see what changed
Old 09-19-2012, 10:20 AM
Typical Buck

I feel for you, but you should have known better than leaving your gear on public hunting grounds. Here in Ohio you are not allowed to leave stands or cameras overnight.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:25 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by dstubb
I feel for you, but you should have known better than leaving your gear on public hunting grounds. Here in Ohio you are not allowed to leave stands or cameras overnight.
its unposted private land actually. cause its not gamelands, state parks, or national forests. i just didn't know exactly how to say it because its not public land, but some people hunt on it. Its the woods you would see being taken down when a company decides to build a housing plan there.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:59 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by huntingkidPA
its unposted private land actually. cause its not gamelands, state parks, or national forests. i just didn't know exactly how to say it because its not public land, but some people hunt on it. Its the woods you would see being taken down when a company decides to build a housing plan there.
just because its not posted doesnt mean its public lands,
they wont enforce trespassing on unposted lands unless requested by land owner,
but it is still classified as tresspassing,
if you get any game violations while tresspassing on unposted lands your penalty is increased because of such
there are different levels of tresspassing
on unposted lands is at the bottom but still a tresspassing violation,
Old 09-19-2012, 01:28 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Terasec
just because its not posted doesnt mean its public lands,
they wont enforce trespassing on unposted lands unless requested by land owner,
but it is still classified as tresspassing,
if you get any game violations while tresspassing on unposted lands your penalty is increased because of such
there are different levels of tresspassing
on unposted lands is at the bottom but still a tresspassing violation,
tell the 40 people that make it sound like a warzone in gun season. If they didn't want people on it im sure something would have happened in the last 10 years. Im affraid to go there during gun season. You hear bullets hitting trees right by you.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just be greatful the only thing you had "stolen" was your SD card. A real @$$(&^# would have taken your whole camera.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

There is a differance between public land, and private land with public access. Now i dont know how to get your SD card back, but this year im gonna stick it to some stand thieves.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:15 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by huntingkidPA
tell the 40 people that make it sound like a warzone in gun season. If they didn't want people on it im sure something would have happened in the last 10 years. Im affraid to go there during gun season. You hear bullets hitting trees right by you.

i would double check regs to be certain you can legally hunt that land,
instead of going by what 40 other people are doing