Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
First Video we have done like this! >

First Video we have done like this!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First Video we have done like this!

Old 09-16-2012, 07:19 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by furgitter
I suppose you dont head shoot em here then either right? Cause it could wreck there antlers? I dont get some folks, who are you trying to fool? Is a deer any more of a precious animal than a squirrel,a rabbit, a duck?I am out there harvesting meat, thats my agenda. I also head shoot squirrels, running rabbits with a bow, and ducks flying 45 miles an hour with a shotgun. My kids have been shooting rabbits on the run with a bow since they were 12, just like me. If I dont need a gun for raccoons I grab them bare handed.
No but deer are a lot more hardy. You make a bad shot and your in for a half mile tracking job at least. You also have a great chance of that meat spoiling or getting eaten by coyotes. Taking running shots With a bow, you have a great chance of wounding a deer.. With a gun you have a chance at shooting another hunter.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:33 PM
Spike

My oh my... Just the way he seemed in the video. Harsh and cruel really. Idk. I shut it off myself. Guess it was just the bad vibe and aura it gave off.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ever since I stopped gutting animals in the woods, I have no problems with predators. Every now and then a wolf comes around, and if he gets to my deer before I do, then I guess it was his in the first place. This has only happened one time, and the wolf ran after the deer as soon as I shot. He was probobly stalking that deer longer than I was in my tree that day. Deer are not more hardy than any other animal. Ive seen them break there neck slipping on the ice with a steep bank, Ive seen them have a heart attack from being chased too much, and Ive cut them down off of steel picket fences when they couldn't clear it with a jump in someones back yard.(I ate them too) If you dont think you can make a shot, dont take it. Arrows are expensive.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:10 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by furgitter
Ever since I stopped gutting animals in the woods, I have no problems with predators. Every now and then a wolf comes around, and if he gets to my deer before I do, then I guess it was his in the first place. This has only happened one time, and the wolf ran after the deer as soon as I shot. He was probobly stalking that deer longer than I was in my tree that day. Deer are not more hardy than any other animal. Ive seen them break there neck slipping on the ice with a steep bank, Ive seen them have a heart attack from being chased too much, and Ive cut them down off of steel picket fences when they couldn't clear it with a jump in someones back yard.(I ate them too) If you dont think you can make a shot, dont take it. Arrows are expensive.
thats not what i meant. I meant if you shoot a rabbit or squirrel on the run, good. there not going anywhere. Most of the time you'll stick them in the ground. Ya dont even have to hit vitals. You make a bad shot on a deer? there gone. its not uncommon for people to hit one lung and have them run 100+ yards, let alone a gut shot.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe your areas are bigger than mine. I dont loose deer, and I dont ever follow a deer a half a mile. I know the woods I hunt, I know where the deer sleep, where they eat, and there escape routes. If it goes more than 50 yards, nobody follows until a shooter signals that he is in position to cut him off down the way. Thats why I like to hunt with at least one other person.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

dude... diarrhea of excuses..IT IS UNETHICAL TO MOST PEOPLE TO SHOOT AT A RUNNING DEER....
you spine shot this deer..it was a inch away from being a wounded animal, running around in pain... the spine shot was over a foot off from a lung shot...thats what e1 is getting at. there is no time for a good shot at a deer running that fast, coming out from behind that tree.

Last edited by halfbakedi420; 09-17-2012 at 07:07 AM.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

maybe throwin a bleet at him woulda stopped him cold...you can use just about any grunt you can make with yer mouth and 9 outta 10 times he will stop cold in his tracks to investigate...unless they winded you already, then a noise will make em run like forest effin gump... maybe this could be a good learning experience for you and yer son. maybe yer nuts are too big to take any advise.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldnt have tried to stop that one. I boosted him not too far back, although he wasnt on a full run,I think he would have lit em up and been un shootable. I have yelled at plenty of deer to stop them, and in the right situation it works great. My stones arent too big for advice, I just think some of these uppity types should realize we are there to kill deer, and without experiance, you cant make a shot like that. A perfect shot is great when it presents itself, but with the right set of skills, a gently running deer can be killed effectively, and consistantly. Thanks for the reply! Good luck this year!
Old 09-17-2012, 09:54 AM
Fork Horn

No one here is being "uppity" at all. Funny we all must be uppity then because not one person has agreed with you here yet. Bottom line is you can hear that deer suffering for half of that video. You owe it to that animal to let him expire as quick as possible. Save the ridiculous excuses you keep coming up with because they are just making you look dumb. Kill as many deer as you want since you eat them but damn do it ethically or don't share it
Old 09-17-2012, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

How about you dont watch it Foxfire? Id hate for you to find out that all deer dont die with a smile on there face. That drive is over when the driver comes out of the woods, until then we hold the post and keep killing deer. Then you can get your knife out and finish it like he did.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.