Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Property maps

Old 09-15-2012, 05:13 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by mission17
we have maps with color coded dots for stand placement...we have double stands a certain color, ladders a certain color and singles a color...helps when determining wind direction, deer we have on cam etc...
We have the same thing going on.We have 3 diff maps of our farm 135 acre.they will give you a ton of info,i also bought one in blac/white last year and the ridges and ravines stand out very well on this map. we also use one map to mark scrapes/rubs each year in a different color so over a few years we will develope a pattern. This combined with a log book with every hunt time,wind ,temp,stand,moon,and deer sightings will help form patterns...I would never have land without maps.....
Old 09-15-2012, 04:23 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by mission17
we have maps with color coded dots for stand placement...we have double stands a certain color, ladders a certain color and singles a color...helps when determining wind direction, deer we have on cam etc...
Where did you get your maps? Google Earth or US Toppo? I think he wanted to know what you use. Sounds like a nice way by color codeing stand placement.

CVG Ohio