Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Treestand etiquette

Old 09-11-2003, 12:57 AM
Fork Horn

Default Treestand etiquette

Tree stands are not the norm here in my area, but the last couple of years i have been using one and been very happy with the sucess. I will admit that I am as guilty as anyone about not looking up but i think i will start.

Last year while sitting in my stand i had another hunter work his way through my area. I saw him coming and figured that I would sit quietly and let him work on through.

Well he stopped 40 yards from the tree i was sitting in and took off his pack, at this point I figured he was getting a drink so I stayed quiet. I didnt realize what he had planned until his pants were down and the roll of toilet paper was sitting next to him.

My question is what is the appropriate response in this situation.

Yelling " HEY" came to mind but i figured that would either get me shot or help him finish the job he started.

I sat there quietly until he left then moved my stand.

Just wondering what some of you would do in the same situation.

We have millions of acres of public land here so he had as much right to it as I did.
Old 09-11-2003, 04:38 AM

Default RE: Treestand etiquette

Well i would of went with the first thing that came to mind and yelled hey!!

most hunters would of left the area and been nice about it dont think he would of shot ya besides you had the high ground you would of shot him before he had a chance to

Old 09-11-2003, 04:54 AM

I would have said hey do you mind doing that somewhere else I mean you were there first. Anyway he probably would have been em-bare-assed cause he didn' t see you up there and you caught him with his pants down.
Old 09-11-2003, 05:06 AM

LMAO Could you imagine The crap flying all over the place when you Yell HEY!
If he wasn' t finished the job It wouldn' t take him long
Old 09-11-2003, 05:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well, after I regained my composure, I would try not to bust out laughing while making sure he knew I was close by....
Old 09-11-2003, 05:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sounds like an opportunity to do some " LOG" shooting!!!! I bet that would get him moving!!
Old 09-11-2003, 07:22 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-11-2003, 07:30 AM

As soon as the T. P. came out I think that I would have yelled. I' m sure that he wouldn' t have minded taking his business elsewhere.
Old 09-11-2003, 07:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

I really think that it would depend on where I was hunting. If I was in one of my public land stands, I wouldn' t want to draw attention to my stand, so I' d probably just let hin do his bussiness. If I was on my land, or other private land that I hunt I' d probably give a shout.

Too funny though!!!!
Old 09-11-2003, 09:06 AM

When I' m in my stand and someone comes near I will whistle to let them know I' m there and they have always moved on out of the area.

Quick Reply: Treestand etiquette

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.