Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Climbing Stands what holds you to the tree >

Climbing Stands what holds you to the tree

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Climbing Stands what holds you to the tree

Old 09-09-2003, 11:04 PM

Default Climbing Stands what holds you to the tree

I' m asking this for a friend he' s looking to get a new climbing stand and wont' s to know you all' s input on what type to get. What I thank he wont' s is to know what type to go with the ones that use' s the chain or cable or metal band ?

I can' t tell him anything about it sense I got the bar type.
Old 09-09-2003, 11:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Climbing Stands what holds you to the tree

Mine has the steel cable with rubber around it and it has never slipped. Not even on a wet tree.
Old 09-10-2003, 02:28 AM

my old one was a chain i made it my self i liked it alot never sliped
got a new one last year but didnt use it much yet so cant tell you how good it is its called king kong tree stand
Old 09-10-2003, 05:28 AM

I have found the cable types work best for me. I just got a summit bullet backpacker and can' t wait to get it in the woods on Mon. I played with a lot of buddies stands last year and like the cable type the best.
B
Old 09-10-2003, 06:59 AM
Super Moderator

I have tried almost all of them, from a couple of local dealers to buddies who had different types. Without question I love the climbing stands that use the lugged belts!!!

My Lone Wolf uses the traction polyurethane belt with aircraft cable inbedded. Warren & Sweat, Bear River, and a few others also use versions of the lugged belts. There is absolutely no slipping, they are quiet and the cam locks that lock the belts in place are very adjustable and easy to use.

After reaching my chosen height I use either a locking strap or bungee cord to secure the top/seat to the tree.

Traction Belt made of quiet polyurethane and reinforced with steel aircraft cable for strength. Cam Action Fastening allows quick, quiet, and easy adjustments to 1/4" increments without having to use any knobs or having to align any pins.
Old 09-10-2003, 07:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

The two most popular stands by numbers I' ve seen over the years on this board are the Ol' man line and Summit line....not that the others are not comparible but these two stand out.
Old 09-10-2003, 02:58 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-10-2003, 03:59 PM

I got to agree with fidget! I have a summit cobra and wouldn' t trade it for any other
Old 09-10-2003, 05:21 PM
Dominant Buck

I' ve owned Baker..............Bar
Loggy Bayou....band
API..... ...........chain

and my next, BUCKSHOT, is going to have a bar.

THEY ALL WORK.
Old 09-10-2003, 07:34 PM
Typical Buck

I trust the metal bars of stands like the Tree Lounge, Doc' s Recliner, and BuckShot above all others.
I have a Doc' s and BuckShot BigShot Mag.
The BuckShot is on the heavy side but it' s the most stable and comfortable climbing stand I have ever hunted out of in my life.
I have hunted out of my friend' s new Tree Lounge also.
It' s comfortable too but not quite as comfortable and not nearly as stable as my BuckShot.

Davidmil,

If you' re thinking about getting a new BuckShot, you' re even smarter than I thought you were.

Sag.

Quick Reply: Climbing Stands what holds you to the tree

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.