Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Bobcat Trailcam Pic >

Bobcat Trailcam Pic

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bobcat Trailcam Pic

Old 09-04-2012, 06:07 PM
Spike

Default Bobcat Trailcam Pic

Went out to get my cameras this weekend and found this! Too bad they are illegal to shoot in Illinois. Hope I get a chance to see him in person during bow season
Attached Thumbnails Bobcat Trailcam Pic-9-1-wynoose-bottoms-ridge-007.jpg  
Old 09-04-2012, 06:31 PM
Fork Horn

Thats cool... We can only hunt them in certain areas in NY... They are trying to get the home range here to expand so we can hunt them in my area... I hope you do get to see that cat during your season... I think that would be really cool...
Old 09-05-2012, 01:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 26drawny
Thats cool... We can only hunt them in certain areas in NY... They are trying to get the home range here to expand so we can hunt them in my area... I hope you do get to see that cat during your season... I think that would be really cool...
Ya, I think you can only shoot them in the Northern parts of NY.. I have seen a few of them in the last couple years.. Last year when I was walking out after dark, I came across one just sitting there cleaning its self.. It wasn't but 15 yards from me.. They are very cool looking.. Would love to have one of them mounted..
Old 09-05-2012, 07:04 AM
Typical Buck

Nice colors on that one!
The catskills area also is open to hunting/trapping bobcats. The DEC had a bobcat management draft plan going earlier this year. I did my part by submitting my views on it , but unfortunately it didn't go through for this season. So that means I'd have to trave an hour east to Sullivan county to be in bobcat area.
Sorry jkoch89 for rambling about NY.
Good luck this year!
Old 09-05-2012, 08:07 AM
Typical Buck

Very cool picture.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:08 AM
Fork Horn

You can hunt them in the north and east. NY is trying to get it so you can hunt them in the southern tier from the current locations all the way across to lake Erie... That would be very cool...
Old 09-06-2012, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck