Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 seriously!!! is pse a decent brand of bow for HUNTING purposes? >

seriously!!! is pse a decent brand of bow for HUNTING purposes?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

seriously!!! is pse a decent brand of bow for HUNTING purposes?

Old 09-08-2003, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default seriously!!! is pse a decent brand of bow for HUNTING purposes?

hey everyone.... i shoot a pse predator...2002 model...and i was wondering...is pse that great of a brand of bow for hunting? i mean...my bow isn' t the fastest but i can hit what i aim at and its quiet....

today i was shooting with my buddy and his bow is lots faster than mine...but i did everything to his bow that i' ve done to mine and his is way louder... he shoots a GE.... he also shoot my arrow when i was fixing one of his sites....well the bow is too long of a draw for him and he doesn' t have the best form so he lost my arrow...pissed me off....i' m happy with how this bow performs...i guess what i' m asking is...am i missing out..by shooting this bow when theres lots better ones...by which i mean faster and quieter...than mine.....just wondering
Old 09-08-2003, 04:56 PM

Default RE: seriously!!! is pse a decent brand of bow for HUNTING purposes?

You answered your own question. You said " Im happy with how this bow performs" .

I don' t shoot PSE any longer, but if you like your set up then it is the best one on the market for you and don' t let anyone tell you otherwise.
Old 09-08-2003, 05:09 PM
Fork Horn

This is my fourth year bowhunting. When I started, my brother picked out a " Starter" bow for me, it' s a PSE Nova. I could easily afford a more expensive (not always better) bow. I' ve taken three deer with my PSE and I' m comfortable with it, even though it' s not the fastest or best bow out there. Only you can decide what you like. Good luck...
Old 09-08-2003, 09:12 PM

i guess until you' ve tried them all you cant really answer that question. If your happy with your set up then stick with it for a while. Maybe down the road you will get a chance to shoot other bows of friends and such and see what you think of them. My dad just bought a pse and i was impressed with it.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:22 PM

Keep in mind that SOME (not all) faster bows are less forgiving. With a faster bow if you make a minor mistake it could cost several inches off your target. If you are comfortable with what you are shooting and feel confident in it, then there is no question. Some people think that a faster bow is better, but it can actually be worse. If you decide to go with a faster one get into shooting 3d archery. You will become a better shot and more confident in your ability.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

Seriously, Of course it is...and like mentioned above, you answered your own question....I don' t care what bow you shoot, if it' s quiet....and you can hit what you aim at, then your set....the best bow in the world is the bow in the hand of the person you are talking to.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:25 PM

how does a faster bow make your " minor mistake cost several inches off your target" , you sight it in, your bow is gonna shoot where your pin is pointing no matter what speed your bow shoots, its just a matter of putting the pin on the deer at the right distance....right?
Old 09-08-2003, 10:27 PM

I still shoot a PSE, I have looked at several nice bows ocer the last couple of years, and can' t relly find a reason I need a different bow.

Mine does very well for me.

GOOD LUCK!
Old 09-08-2003, 11:17 PM

My forst Bow was a PSE the wife bought it for me for Christmass. It only had 15% let off and it was a two wheeler. That was over 30 years ago. It was very much outdated and she bought me a High Country Bow about 20 years ago and that one got stolen about 5 years ago. I went back to my PSE and know I just bought a Martin Mag. Jag three months ago. I have enjoyed all the bows I have had. They all fit and shot good. There is always the BETTER Bow out there but you need to get one that fits you and feels good. That is the best bow you for you,,,the one that fits and feels good. Good luck and may your arrows fly straight and true.
Old 09-09-2003, 04:00 AM

[quote]how does a faster bow make your " minor mistake cost several inches off your target" , you sight it in, your bow is gonna shoot where your pin is pointing no matter what speed your bow shoots, its just a matter of putting the pin on the deer at the right distance....right?

With SOME (be sure you get that) faster bows, if you grip the bow to tight, tweek on the release, or have a slight pull, your grouping may be all over the target. There are SOME faster bows that are more forgiving. It' s all in trying different bows and setups. The #1 key in archery is Consistancy. Anchor at the same place every time, grip the bow the same and not to tight, and follow through your shot. Those are just some simple tips.

Quick Reply: seriously!!! is pse a decent brand of bow for HUNTING purposes?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.