Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Missed short

Old 08-25-2012, 06:53 PM
Typical Buck

Default Missed short

What do you think when you miss a shot? I have missed 2 shots in 8 years one was because my string hit my arm. The other was because I have no clue. Whats your exscuse these are mine.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:02 AM
Fork Horn

String hitting arm can happen to anyone. It can be caused by too closed of a stance or else a deer moving to your weak side (to the left if you are right handed; to the right if you are left handed).

I always range my targets first, so that I dont overshoot or undershoot.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:36 AM
Fork Horn

Only deer that came close enough last season was a large doe and I shot right over her back... Think year I bought a range finder. No more guessing for me.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:08 PM
Typical Buck

shot over ones back, he was way closer than i thought. He was only a 6 pt, and i was going to take him cause the season was coming to end and i wanted a little venison. Maybe the deer gods decided it wasnt his time and he will turn into a monster. lol. But thats the only time ive missed in my 6 years of stick and string hunting.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:18 PM
Spike

Outstanding thread, thanks all for joining.

Old 08-27-2012, 04:12 AM
Fork Horn

very first deer i shot at with my bow at 13yrs old i shot it for 13yrds and it was 22 i was alil excited
Old 08-27-2012, 05:18 AM
Fork Horn

release didn't open until I tried to let down and then Twingggggg shot into the tree above its head.

The other miss was when I first started bow hunting and i was shooting at a turkey. I drew back and went to come up on them and my elbow hit the tree and cause me to accidentally bump to relase... live and learn i guess.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

My first miss was because I rushed my shot and hit my arm,shot to the left of a Doe. My second was due to thinking she was at 40 when she was at 30,should have never shot that far out in the first place because it was at the edge of good light. Both my misses where clean and I'm thankful for that.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

About 6 years ago, not one but 2 misses on a huge 8 due to my sight being knocked over a couple clicks while hoisting my bow that morning. Cure - I bought a better sight.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:36 PM
Fork Horn

Had the blade of my broadhead clip a small branch I didn't see and BANG!!! The carbon arrow pretty much exploded.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.