Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Game Camera

Old 09-06-2003, 11:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default Game Camera

Some of you might remember a post I made about putting my camera up too close to a poachers stand. Well I end up getting it and moving it. Well it appears that it snapped a shot of the poacher and he took it [:' (][:@]
I decided that I wasn' t goint to stand for it so I went to Wal-Mart and bought a pair of bolt cutters, went back & cut the chain on the poachers stand (yes he had the cojones to chain it to a tree) and took his stand. Tomorrow I' m going back and posting a note telling him we can " trade back" if he wants but we' ll meet at the land-owner' s house where he' ll be forbidden (probably have authorities there as well) to hunt there again, etc.

2 things:

For all you bow-hunters: Did I go too far?

For you poachers, GO GET YOUR OWN PLACE![:@]
Old 09-07-2003, 06:32 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Game Camera

no, i don' t think you went too far. the old eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth. but, that' s if he stole your cam. how can you be sure it was him who stole it. hope you get your cam back. good luck!
Old 09-07-2003, 08:49 AM
Typical Buck

There' s little to no doubt. The owner knows his property pretty well and this was THE undidentified stand. The camera was less than 100 yards from his stand.
Old 09-07-2003, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

that is awesome. two can play that game.
Old 09-07-2003, 08:55 AM

Good luck Hope it all works out in the end
Old 09-07-2003, 09:22 AM
dpv
Typical Buck

Only problem I have with that is if it turns ugly. I know that we have to take a stand sometimes (no pun intended) but if the guy is willing to hunt where he doesn' t have permission he might be willing to break other laws as well.

Watch your back. Good luck.

David
Old 09-07-2003, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hope all goes well and the poacher gets what' s coming to him. BTW, how do you know if he is a poacher or just a plain old trespasser?
Old 09-07-2003, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is really frustrating whan things like that happen. I would have handled it the same way. Good luck getting it straightened out.

Good Luck!
Old 09-07-2003, 03:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have to admit that I probably would have done the same thing. The stand was on private property and the person in question obviously had no permission whatsoever to be on it.

Bummer about the camera. I hope you get it back.
Old 09-07-2003, 04:02 PM
Typical Buck

PAHUNTER21
BTW, how do you know if he is a poacher or just a plain old trespasser?
Definition of poaching is taking game illegaly, including trespassing. That' s what I meant, not necessarily that he was taking them out of season.

Quick Reply: Game Camera

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.