Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Sighting in problems >

Sighting in problems

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sighting in problems

Old 08-15-2012, 12:58 PM
Spike

Default Sighting in problems

I currently have a 2010 Diamond Blk Ice bow, with a whisker biscut. The problem is that I just bought a new spot hog hunter with the 2nd and 3rd axis. I had my bow dealer shop install it and set it all up. i went to sight it in with my micro adjustments and have it turn all one way and still cant get my groups from the left side to center and have run out of adjustment..... what could be the problem???

Need help bad!!
Old 08-15-2012, 01:09 PM
Fork Horn

Almost sounds like when it was installed they may not have done it properly. If I am not mistken (not very familiar w/ Hogg) but there should be two different ways to mount it, one giving more adjustment than the other due to Riser thickness. I could be way wrong but something to possibly check.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:34 AM
Spike

Well i'm taking it back tommorrow to solve the problem. Also I have never paper tested this bow, should I be doing this first before sighting it in??
Old 08-16-2012, 04:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes you need to have the center shot on before sighting in . If the rest is way to one side setting the sight won't do anything for you . Paper then bare shaft tune. Then start walk back with sights
Old 08-20-2012, 09:02 PM
Spike

problem solved, flipped sight on mount.... to my adjustments on this sight to learn quickly lol haha