Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Tree Stand Height >

Tree Stand Height

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tree Stand Height

Old 08-12-2012, 07:30 PM
Fork Horn

Treebeard, Im now sure if they will be able to sit still or not lol.. None of them have ever hunted before or even sat in a treestand but I think the reward of introducting someone new to hunting is better than the risk of them spooking deer.. I just wanted to have a halfway decent chance at harvesting something when they are with.. I was mostly going to take them on doe hunts but if a big buck comes in so be it.. lol.. I thought maybe a ground blind but would rather be in the air..
Old 08-12-2012, 07:36 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks to everyone that replied ... Lol 60 feet Lol .. I wouldnt wanna have to put together or hang or climb up in that stand or be in it on a windy day.. haha.. lol...

invmp12 I have seen thoses but dont they run around 200 or 300 bucks ??? I was lookin for something in the lower 100s range so I could get 2 or 3 of them to put in various locations..
Old 08-12-2012, 09:59 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BigCountryHunter
Thanks to everyone that replied ... Lol 60 feet Lol .. I wouldnt wanna have to put together or hang or climb up in that stand or be in it on a windy day.. haha.. lol...

invmp12 I have seen thoses but dont they run around 200 or 300 bucks ??? I was lookin for something in the lower 100s range so I could get 2 or 3 of them to put in various locations..
see if its ok to build them in your area. i enjoy building some. all you will need is two 2 x 4's and some plywood + nails and a hammer.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:41 PM
Fork Horn

I have built some permanent platform stands when I was younger but I move around to much to use them now and alot of places I hunt you cant build them on.. Thanks for the info though
Old 08-13-2012, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

12 isoniazid the low side .I prefer to be at 20 -25 . Works best for me not to be spotted
Old 08-13-2012, 10:23 AM
Fork Horn

I think a blind would be pretty hard to beat with a new hunter they could get away with a lot more movement. You could always place the blind on a field edge so ur not loosing field of view due to under brush...but all that being said I started hunting with my dad out of a homemade 2 person stand it had a shooting rail around it that we zip tied camo burlap to it wasn't but 12 feet or so off the ground and seemed to work back then
Old 08-13-2012, 10:42 AM
Typical Buck

Idk why everyone thinks it's bad to sit lower in the tree, heck I bowhunted on the ground last year sitting in a folding camping chair. saw many deer, had a doe at 5 yards, Even killed a doe that way. I don't even use scent control products either and was never winded. As long as you minimize movement you'll be fine at any height.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:42 AM
Fork Horn

I am taking my kids out just as I did during turkey and we are using one of the blinds... As for tree IMO 12 - 16 works for me because I have cover at those hieghts... It depends a lot on where your cover begins...
Old 08-13-2012, 04:06 PM
Fork Horn

I hunt from a two person stand I picked up at Dicks for $140. Its a ladder stand and its 20ft.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:11 PM
Fork Horn

Actually I lied. Thought it was 20ft but looks like its only 17ft to the bench. And the price went up in the past few years.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...414427.4414432

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.