Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Need a bow for the wife. >

Need a bow for the wife.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need a bow for the wife.

Old 08-11-2012, 09:59 AM
Fork Horn

Default Need a bow for the wife.

I just say bearbowhunter's thread about a bow for his girlfriend and I didnt want to jack his ghread so I thought Id start my own.

Ive been taking so many trips to the Archery range lately that my wife is starting to show interest in shooting as well so I figured it was time to get her a bow. My issue is finding one with a low enough poundage that she can draw. She is rather tall with a 28" draw so a kids bow wont work, but she can only draw around 35# right now.

Ive been looking at a Bear Quest because it has 50# of adjustment but id rather not spend $400 on a bow set up that she may get bored with in a month or two. Basically I need a fullsized bow with lots of adjustment for dirt cheap. She wont be hunting, just target practice Any ideas? Ebay hasnt turned up much....
Old 08-11-2012, 10:16 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by OhioNovice
I just say bearbowhunter's thread about a bow for his girlfriend and I didnt want to jack his ghread so I thought Id start my own.

Ive been taking so many trips to the Archery range lately that my wife is starting to show interest in shooting as well so I figured it was time to get her a bow. My issue is finding one with a low enough poundage that she can draw. She is rather tall with a 28" draw so a kids bow wont work, but she can only draw around 35# right now.

Ive been looking at a Bear Quest because it has 50# of adjustment but id rather not spend $400 on a bow set up that she may get bored with in a month or two. Basically I need a fullsized bow with lots of adjustment for dirt cheap. She wont be hunting, just target practice Any ideas? Ebay hasnt turned up much....
i have a bear odyssey II im looking to get rid of. 175$

Draw weights: 35 -50 pound peak
Draw Lengths: 13 to 27 inches all on one cam
Axle-to-axle length: 32 inches
Brace Height: 5.5 inches
Mass Weight: 2.9 pounds
Let-off option: 70 percent
Eccentrics: Inner Cam
Advertised IBO speed: 283-287 fps at 27 inches/50 lbs (250-grain)
Finish: Realtree HD Green
Cable: Tech twist Green and Brown BCY DynaFlight 97, 34.5 inches
String: Tech twist Green and Brown BCY DynaFlight 97, 51 inches
Grip: One-piece – elasto-polymer
Riser: CNC machined 6061-T6 aluminum - reflex
Limbs: Compression molded fiberglass
Cable Guard: Composite cable rod - straight

-tru glo 3 pin sight, ill have to put the other one on there.
-needs d-loop
-it has new orange and green string
-no stabilizer, it came with a ****ty one, didnt do anything to help
-whisker biscuit
-quiver
-3 arrows (2 beeman and 1 carbon express)
-ill throw in my soft camo bow case

for some reason my pictures wouldnt upload to here to i made a flickr and have them on there. here is the link

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59450317@N07/
Old 08-11-2012, 02:40 PM
Fork Horn

Dimond razor edge 300$ all set up ready to go brand new 11.5inches adjustable draw and 20-60lbs draw weight my wife is 6 months prego and loves her bow! and shes getting good with it!
Old 08-11-2012, 08:00 PM
Typical Buck

X2 on the Diamond razor edge. They sell for around $329.00 locally and would fit her requirements.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:46 PM
Fork Horn

PSE has some awesome packages out. I own a new bow Madness XS, 50-60 but I put a lot into it getting ready to hunt. The packages they sell are really good. Easy draw, smooth and rather light on the pocket book.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:02 PM
Fork Horn

X3 On the diamond razor edge
Old 08-12-2012, 09:14 PM
Typical Buck

the diamond edge is a great bow but i recomend one of the mission series bows they will fit her or anyone along that line.