Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Shot a Bear today out of season!! >

Shot a Bear today out of season!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shot a Bear today out of season!!

Old 07-11-2012, 06:52 PM
Spike

Default Shot a Bear today out of season!!

Took my bear out today to get ready for the upcoming season
It never fails, I forget how much I enjoy shooting bows but it has to be my favorite. Not only that but I forget how much I enjoy my Bear. My brother has two mathews, and while they are nice bows I just like my Bear better all around...maybe I am just more familiar with it.

But with the exception of one arrow's fletchings getting shaved off (went through the target) I came out pretty good.

I only have pins for up to 30 yds and had some practice shooting at distances up to 60 yds with no additional pins I kept the shots in the target area so I considered it a success.

Love bow shooting and in a couple months here in KY I am going to remind myself how much I LOVE BOW HUNTING.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:05 PM
Spike

Hmm that's really gr88 that u love d idea of bow hunting.Keep up the good work. I will surely learn from you my friend d techniques of shooting. I will be happy to know that you win every time and keep updating us by your posting!
Old 07-12-2012, 03:19 PM
Spike

Wow, for a second there all I read was the title, and I thought, thats pretty cool you shot a bear, but very illegal out of season.

Thats awesome tho, I can't wait till I have some time to get out and shoot before season starts.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:41 PM
Spike

Hmm rite! This is one such passion that you can't wait for! You just need a chance to leap over. If I would have d chance I would certainly do it in a secs..and would never wait for d right time.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:55 AM
Typical Buck

archery and archery hunting is a great sport. If I had to choose between only hunting with a bow or a rifle, hunting with bow would be my choice hands down.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:27 PM
Spike

Oh wow that's great of you my friend that you have chosen hunting with a bow! Cheers to you. Is there any difference b/w hunting with a bow or rifle. Which one is difficult to do? Can u suggest. I really don't have an idea.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:13 AM
Spike

Default Imho

I feel bow hunting is much more of a challenge and much more rewarding than hunting with a gun, I usually do both. You have to call the game much closer before taking shots, it isnt easy being as quiet as you have to be while drawing back a bow to take a close shot. longer shots are even more of a challenge in their own right. Anybody can take a 500 yard shot but to get one within 50 yards is pretty intense. Bows have always been my favorite means of hunting but thats just me