HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Have a question about my peep sight (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/367110-have-question-about-my-peep-sight.html)

BigShep 06-30-2012 06:35 PM

Have a question about my peep sight

When in full draw one of the three strings around my sight are directly in front of my peep sights blocking my view of my front sights:confused:. Anybody have or know how to fix this problem?

Thanks

CamoCop 07-01-2012 10:20 PM

i use to have the same problem, that's why i threw it away. you will be doing a huge improvement by doing the same and buying a G5 Meta Peep. they are only $10 and a way better peep. it is ultra light and only splits your string two times instead of three times.

sandilands 07-01-2012 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by CamoCop (Post 3948735)
i use to have the same problem, that's why i threw it away. you will be doing a huge improvement by doing the same and buying a G5 Meta Peep. they are only $10 and a way better peep. it is ultra light and only splits your string two times instead of three times.

Agreed..... lots of peeps out there that only split the string in 2

Rick C. 07-02-2012 06:42 AM

I had a lot of problems with peep sites early in my bow shooting career, switched to a 'no peep' site.

Bob H in NH 07-02-2012 11:47 AM

The supposed benefit to the three string split model is that you don't have to worry about peep alignment as much.

Here's something to try: look above or below the peep where it's tied in or served in (where there's wraps of serving keeping the string together. Grab that serving in one hand and the three string splits in the other hand and give it a small twist in the direction the serving is wrapped. This should slightly shift the way the strands align when you draw back.

HDMontana 07-02-2012 12:31 PM

Personally, I would go to the 2 string split. You might have to have a bow shop help you get it set, but once it is it should stay unless you get some string stretch.

BigShep 07-10-2012 09:25 AM

THANKS Bob H in NH

Originally Posted by Bob H in NH (Post 3948810)
The supposed benefit to the three string split model is that you don't have to worry about peep alignment as much.

Here's something to try: look above or below the peep where it's tied in or served in (where there's wraps of serving keeping the string together. Grab that serving in one hand and the three string splits in the other hand and give it a small twist in the direction the serving is wrapped. This should slightly shift the way the strands align when you draw back.

Fixed the problem, I hadn't even thought to try that. lined it right up. No buying and installing new sights, or trips to the bow shop. Great help Bob, love this forum.