Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Have a question about my peep sight >

Have a question about my peep sight

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Have a question about my peep sight

Old 06-30-2012, 06:35 PM
Spike

Default Have a question about my peep sight

When in full draw one of the three strings around my sight are directly in front of my peep sights blocking my view of my front sights. Anybody have or know how to fix this problem?

Thanks
Old 07-01-2012, 10:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

i use to have the same problem, that's why i threw it away. you will be doing a huge improvement by doing the same and buying a G5 Meta Peep. they are only $10 and a way better peep. it is ultra light and only splits your string two times instead of three times.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by CamoCop
i use to have the same problem, that's why i threw it away. you will be doing a huge improvement by doing the same and buying a G5 Meta Peep. they are only $10 and a way better peep. it is ultra light and only splits your string two times instead of three times.
Agreed..... lots of peeps out there that only split the string in 2
Old 07-02-2012, 06:42 AM
Fork Horn

I had a lot of problems with peep sites early in my bow shooting career, switched to a 'no peep' site.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

The supposed benefit to the three string split model is that you don't have to worry about peep alignment as much.

Here's something to try: look above or below the peep where it's tied in or served in (where there's wraps of serving keeping the string together. Grab that serving in one hand and the three string splits in the other hand and give it a small twist in the direction the serving is wrapped. This should slightly shift the way the strands align when you draw back.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:31 PM
Typical Buck

Personally, I would go to the 2 string split. You might have to have a bow shop help you get it set, but once it is it should stay unless you get some string stretch.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:25 AM
Spike

Default THANKS Bob H in NH

Originally Posted by Bob H in NH
The supposed benefit to the three string split model is that you don't have to worry about peep alignment as much.

Here's something to try: look above or below the peep where it's tied in or served in (where there's wraps of serving keeping the string together. Grab that serving in one hand and the three string splits in the other hand and give it a small twist in the direction the serving is wrapped. This should slightly shift the way the strands align when you draw back.
Fixed the problem, I hadn't even thought to try that. lined it right up. No buying and installing new sights, or trips to the bow shop. Great help Bob, love this forum.