Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
(2) "NEW" Toys to Play With...... >

(2) "NEW" Toys to Play With......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

(2) "NEW" Toys to Play With......

Old 06-29-2012, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default (2) "NEW" Toys to Play With......

Just got back from Cabelas (Wheeling, WV) with my two new toys for scouting. I have always wanted a Cuddeback camera and got the Ambush IR. I also liked the features of the Primos 46 Ultra and the price was reasonable. I can now add these two cameras to my arsenal, along with my other Moultrie (garbage) and Primos 46. I'll let you know how both new cameras do when I set them out this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails (2) "NEW" Toys to Play With......-cameras.jpg  
Old 07-17-2012, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

UPDATE: Sorry if you think this is on the wrong board but I thought some hunters would like to know about these 2 cameras.

Primos Truth 46 Ultra,($159.99) Can't really comment on this camera being that I had it out for a week and it never worked. Took it home, took the SD card out and no pictures. Then checked the batteries and they were completely dead. Placed fresh batteries in camera and tried it out at home before placing it in woods. Camera wouldn't even come on. Taking this camera back and not sure if I want to replace it with a newer one or try something else. Any imput would be helpful.

Cuddeback Ambush IR,($199.99) Nice looking camera, alittle pricey ($200). Pictures are not even close to what they advertise, kind of blurry. Don't expect this camera to catch images of game further than 25' away, it wont. You would really think that a camera in this price range would have a further range of distance like some cheaper models. Going to keep this camera just for close range corn pile pics. Any imput would be appreciative.

Last edited by RidgeFACTOR; 07-17-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:41 AM
Fork Horn

I have using the Moultrie garbage for the past seven years and still love them when using them over feed before the season. They def do not have the fastest trigger speed to use at trail crossings, but work fine for me. I also purshased a plot watcher pro last year, and really liked it to.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:49 PM
Spike

Default garbage

i have 2 i65 moultrie garbage cameras and love them. pics are as clear as my wifes cannon in the daylight and infrared at night. they will take at 45 ft a little slow shutter speed but set it up right and works well. i can view pics at the tree on the camera and use it when i go huntn to see whats been there before i climb.my brother bought 2 cuddebacks last year and had to send both back withn a week but are doing good now
Old 07-24-2012, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use Moultire and Stealthcam both. I really like the 8 megapixel IR stealthcam I have now.