Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How often

Old 06-16-2012, 07:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default How often

How often do you shoot your bow?
Old 06-16-2012, 10:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

atleast once a week
Old 06-17-2012, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot almost daily, weather permitting. Sometimes weather runs me inside at one of the clubs I belong to, but I prefer to shoot outside. All told it amounts to 300 to 500 shots per week.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks every one! In the past, I have been one of the guys who drags the bow out about 3 weeks before the season, and shoots until the season starts, and then not much once the season starts. I live in a town where I cant legally shoot the bow, and the closest range is over an hour away. But this year I got a new bow, and I have a place at work where I can shoot, so I took my targets to work along with my bow, and am going to shoot every day durring my lunch hour.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I usually practice more closer to Bow Season and then I try not to over do it since I had my shoulder operated on a few years ago.I try to shoot a few times a week then I go to the local In-door Shooting Range and practice once a week about 1-2 months before Bow Season.When Bow Season gets here on Sept 15 I try to shoot at least 1 or 2 times before going out to make sure I'm still shooting well and on-target...I might even shoot 1 arrow with a field tip while in my stand if I get bored and want to see if I'm accurate while shooting at a higher angle.