Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Iowa Public Land >

Iowa Public Land

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Iowa Public Land

Old 05-25-2012, 09:10 AM
Spike

Default Iowa Public Land

First I wanted to start out and say Hi as I am new to the forum!

Just got my first preference point this year planning on drawing next year or the following and wanted some advice on public land. I have a couple areas in mind. Has anybody hunted the Loess Hills State Forest in Monona County or Shimek State forest and Lake Sugema in Lee/Van Buren Counties? I am planning on taking a good long weekend in February or March to scout either the Loess hills or Shimek but won't have the time to do both so I'd love to know if anybody hunted either of these public grounds and what the hunting was like. I'm looking for a solid 4 1/2 year old... score isnt a huge deal as long as they get some age. Also, any advice on other areas is much appreciated! Thanks!!!
Old 05-28-2012, 07:40 AM
Spike

Anybody?? I Just want a good starting point?
Old 05-30-2012, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sent you a PM