Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
A Good Carbon Arrow For PSE Stinger G3 >

A Good Carbon Arrow For PSE Stinger G3

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A Good Carbon Arrow For PSE Stinger G3

Old 05-16-2012, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Question A Good Carbon Arrow For PSE Stinger G3

Bought a new Bow this year,PSE Stinger G3.If you have this Model,what arrow has performed best for you with this bow 200,300,340? Brand as well.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:50 AM
Spike

Im shooting a year older version of your bow (Stinger not Stinger 3g), and Ive gone back and forth between the Gold Tip Expedition Hunter carbon arrows and the Easton N-fused carbon arrows. Both of them are 6-7 bucks an arrow and each has performed just as I have wanted, dead deer using both.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:42 AM
Typical Buck

Need to know the poundage of your bow to recommend an arrow model number. I have been shooting carbon express maximas for a number of years with good luck. The 340's are suited for a 70 lb. draw weight.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Smile

Originally Posted by HDMontana
Need to know the poundage of your bow to recommend an arrow model number. I have been shooting carbon express maximas for a number of years with good luck. The 340's are suited for a 70 lb. draw weight.
The poundage of my Bow is set at 65lbs. due to the draw cycle being so smooth and easy. I used the PSE X Weave Carbon Arrows with My 9 year old Matthews FX and they shot very well at 55 lb. draw weight. The number on them was 300, but the guy at Bass Pro said they were to stiff and recomended the X Weave 200,but I think they are to light. I prefer K. E. over speed so this is why I'm asking these questions to see if anyone else has this same BOW. I have very short arms and my arrows are therefore very short they are 25 1/4" long with the Blazzer Vanes. In the past I have always used 100gr. Grim Reapers and was think of going up to 125gr. this year with the 300 arrows to get a little more Kenetic Energy. Any good advice is gladly received on this possible change.

Last edited by doetrain; 05-20-2012 at 12:35 PM.