Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WOW!!! STEALT CAM PICS..... PA BUCKS OUT OF VELVET!!! PICS

Old 08-29-2003, 10:34 PM

Default WOW!!! STEALT CAM PICS..... PA BUCKS OUT OF VELVET!!! PICS

Hey guys,

I just got two more rolls of film developed tonight and the more I use this stealth cam, the more I fall in love. My stealth cam in location 2 had 21 pictures on it, so, I finished the roll and then checked on my other cam in location 1 and it had 23 pics on it, so, I finished those off.

Well, I got them back and looked and WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I only got 4 pics of does and the rest were all buck pictures. We got about 9 different bucks on camera, and one little 8 point set the camera off a bunch of times while eating the corn.

It is AMAZING to me that one of the bucks we got on camera was already out of velvet. Normally, they don' t shed for another two weeks around here.

Frank, the difference between 400 and 800 speed is non-exsitent! I would say that you just save some money and get the 4 roll packs of Kodak Max 400 at Wal-Mart for $8.48

This nice 8 point is running around at location 2 which is at my honey hole. You can' t tell from this pic, but, he is probablly about 17" wide. He has a nice body on him! He would be tempting in archery season, but, I would let him pass! Any other area and I probablly would take him, but this place produces a few bucks alot nicer than this one each year. Still a nice buck though. Then again, he looks like a pretty old buck. This picture was taken right after a heavy down-pour so there was alot of mist and fog in the area. Plus, I still havn' t got this dang scanner set like I want it to.

These two bucks were from location 1 at my best friends uncles farm. The buck in the background is pretty nice! Notice the front one is out of velvet. That got me really really pumped up!

This next pic is are of that same small 8 point that is out of velvet! Just good quality pics of a good lookin deer!

This is another little buck from location 1. Just a nice little buck.

And this is just an awsome pic of a fawn, a mid age doe, and a old doe from location 2. Let that big ol doe step in front of me on Oct 4th and she won' t be walking away, atleast without a Rocky MT Gator XP hole through its vitals.

I got tons of great pics, but, I don' t want to take the time to post them all. Pretty soon I am gonna have to get another picture album!!!!

Hey Frank, I bet these pics are making you just itch to get that new camera out there huh?
Old 08-29-2003, 10:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: WOW!!! STEALT CAM PICS..... PA BUCKS OUT OF VELVET!!! PICS

them are some pretty decint PA bucks...i cant believe he lost his velvet already..its not even september yet!! it hasnt dipped below 60 at night yet i dont think....the leaves are starting to turn...a patch of locust trees in the woods i hunt behind the house are turned brown already i can see from the highway(yes i can see my hunting spot from the highway!) really tricky hunting with a high powerd rifle...im going to be extra careful and i know all the surrounding land for over a square mile and can guess about the rest for a long ways....ill be safe.....and in a tree stand so its going down..i want to get out and do some scouting soon but its tough with the leaves so thick....after the first frost if it comes soon...i doubt it....who knows....nice PA bucks...now i really want to get out there!!!
Old 08-29-2003, 10:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice shots, thats got to get you pumped!! I don' t have any central Minnesota bucks that are out of velvet yet on my camera, but it should be soon.

Good Luck!
Old 08-29-2003, 11:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great pics, can' t wait to pull my film on Sunday!
Old 08-30-2003, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Which Stealth Cam is that? Is it the cheap one or one of the more expensive ones?

Nice pics whichever it is.
Old 08-31-2003, 08:20 PM

Great pics! It must be nice getting the chance to see what' s really out there.
I' ve only spotted one decent 8-point, a big 5-point, and another 8-point with the tiniest tines - they looked like little fingers. I' d like to get a picture just to show how small.
We have a salt lick underneath a light that stays on all night - it' s almost 90% does and fawns.
As for shedding the velvet - I haven' t seen any yet but I did watch a buck rubbing his antlers on a sapling - must be getting close to losing the velvet....
Old 08-31-2003, 08:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Jason,

Great pics! It looks like we both found a great new to expand our pursuit of the sport. I have not put mine back out yet but it looks like we are seeing the same thing (bucks out of velvet) on both ends of PA.
Old 08-31-2003, 09:07 PM

Frank,

Yep, these things are great, and for the price, there is no way to top it. Hopefully Stealth will come out with a reasonablly priced digital camera. I would pick one up in an instant.

Mike,

Frank and I are both using the Stealth MC-2. They are the cheap ones, my Wal-Mart has them for right around $65.00 I have picked up two of them and am thinking of a third one.
Old 09-01-2003, 09:03 AM

Be patient when observing multiple bucks. Davidmil and I have a case on one of our properties where the bigger buck always uses the smaller one for a decoy. Repeatedly we have seen the 125 class 8 pointer appear first. Sometimes he will disappear and then come back out into the field. Once he starts feeding, after about 10-15 minutes, the 150+ 10 pointer steps out without fear and starts feeding.

One of our other hunters told me that, had he not been on crop damage where he couldn' t shoot the bucks, he would have taken that 8 pointer and then would have never seen the big 10 pointer.

Something to think about.
Old 09-01-2003, 09:49 AM

Is the stealth cam a trail cam or a reguler digital camera. I didn' t think walmart sold trail cam' s. Thanx

Quick Reply: WOW!!! STEALT CAM PICS..... PA BUCKS OUT OF VELVET!!! PICS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.