Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
best expandable out there? >

best expandable out there?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

best expandable out there?

Old 05-15-2012, 08:09 AM
Typical Buck

Use reaper razorcut ss.

Have worked good for me and like not having rubberbands.

Slick trick is my favorite fixed and might give the hades from reaper a try this yr
Old 05-15-2012, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was using ST's before I got the Grim Reapers.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Grim Reapers without a question!!!!!! I have taken over 40 whitetails with them and tons of hogs without a single loss till this past year. 99% of them were total pass throughs!!
I also took at the time an 1-3/8ths short of World Record Catalina Ram in South Texas with a 100grn, 1-3/8ths cut GR RazorCut, total pass through, dropped on video, within 40yds!!! So it is without question thatI REALLY like my GR's!!!!
I DO NOT however like the tip with the razor blade in it. I feel that it may travel/follow a bone instead of smashing it and continueing on. So I stay with the Trocar tip style.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have used the Grim Reapers with no failures thus far,all the Deer I have hit with them have been recoverd.Good Broadhead.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use Slick Tricks , but Wasp Jack Hammers never let me down.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:19 PM
Typical Buck

Thinking about trying the schwacker 100gr 1 3/4" cut. Been watching a ton of videos from different companies and customer videos on youtube and schwacker seems to fair out pretty well. Dont know if i am too fond of the 2 1/4" cut heads but i like the design and authority on quartering shots.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:41 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by sdhunter11
Thinking about trying them again. I have been sticking to fixed blades for about the last 3 years and was wondering what expandable you guys like.(except rage, been there done that, never again). My favorite expandable back when i shot them was the rocky mountain snypers but have not seen them on the market for quiet some time.

If your favorite was the Snyper the Rage 40KE is basically the same head.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:44 PM
Fork Horn

What was the problem you had with Rage?

I've had great success. 15 for 15 with the Rage 2-blade and all passthroughs and I only shoot around 260fps with my Switchback. Also, could have shot every one of those heads again but I've always been one that retires the BH after it has done its job.
Old 05-28-2012, 02:46 PM
Typical Buck

here we go this is going to take alot of typing, First year with mechanical heads consisted of the rocky mountain snyper 1 3/4" cut 100gr and the 2 blade rage 2" cut. Shot these out of my switchback xt in my signature at 275 fps. Both heads shot the same as my field tips. First hunt was antelope. First day, 20 yard broadside shot at a buck with the rage, almost a complete pass through. He went about 80 yards and dropped. Next day, antelope doe 57 yard shot with the snypers, complete pass through, 40 yard retrieval. Next month deer season, 14 yard shot at doe with rage, broadside, arrow struck her about 3" behind the shoulder, lower 1/3 of the body, perfect right. she ran a circle around my tree. Arrow was only in her about 3", no blood, no deer. Rages went in the garbage. About a month later i was walking to my stand and ran into a nice buck on the way chasing a doe. Snypers were up to bat again. 50 yard shot, broadside, complete passthrough, 60 yard retrieval.

Although the snypers and the rage are the same design take a little closer look. the snyper is a smaller cut with a much better blade angle which is why i believe they penetrated much better. I WILL NOT TRY THE RAGE AGAIN after losing that doe. She ran by me twice and i seen the arrow twice, it was perfectly placed and the arrow did not touch anything on the way to her. Thinking about that hunt still torks me off.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:26 PM
Fork Horn

NAP 2 blade Bloodrunners

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.