Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 HERE>>> STEALTH CAM RESULTS AND PICS!!!! >

HERE>>> STEALTH CAM RESULTS AND PICS!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

HERE>>> STEALTH CAM RESULTS AND PICS!!!!

Old 08-27-2003, 08:32 AM

Default HERE>>> STEALTH CAM RESULTS AND PICS!!!!

Hey guys,

There has been alot of talk about the Stealth Cam on here lately, so I figured that I would get off my lazy butt and post a " test result" of the camera.

First off, I have purchased two of the Stealth Cam MC2-GWM cameras. I purchased both of mine at my local Wal-Mart for right around $65.00 a piece. I would suggest that if you do this same thing, check inside the box before checking out at the cash register. I made that mistake my first time and I found out that my first camera didn' t have a mounting strap or a locking plate in it. I am pretty sure that this is because the people at Wal-Mart were using that same camera to show the customers what it looked like. It was no big deal though as that camera went out onto private property that is never disturbed. My second purchase included everything.

One thing that I really liked about the camera was its size. The whole unit is very small and narrow. It also doesn' t weigh much. It is alot nicer to pack into the woods than the Moultrie Game Cam II that I had last year.

The case is tough, but, there is one problem with it. When set-up, there is no way of locking the front, well, unless you are using the locking plate and wrap the chain very tightly around the front of the camera. This wouldn' t be a problem for most guys, but, if you are planning on putting the camera up in an area with alot of " visitors" , it is something to think about.

The front display on the camera is a very nice feature. This display includes a low battery light, aiming light, picture/event counter, and it tells you what setting the camera has.

There are a good range of settings on this camera, especially considering the price. You can set the camera to take between 1 and 9 pictures when it is set-off, and then you also have delay settings between 1 to 60 minutes. If you want multiple pictures when the camera is first set-off, I would suggest only going with two pictures. I tried three and the deer move out of the area before the third picture is taken.

Attaching the unit to the tree is easy. You turn the camera (located inside the unit) to test, put your mounting strap through the two holes in the back of the unti, then strap it to the tree and walk where the deer are going to be. If you see the little yellow light on, just go back, open the units face, and turn the camera from test to on. Easy as that.

One of the best features of this camera is that it actually waits about 5 minutes to activate after it is set-up and turned on. That gives you plenty of time to get out of the way. You can set the camera up, turn it to on, then walk right in front of it and it won' t set off. Five minutes later though and it is a whole new ball game.

The camera seems to be of a very high quality and I am getting excellent pictures while using Kodak Max Gold 800 speed film. I use this film because it helps out the flash at night, but, it is supposed to make the pictures more grainy at night. I havn' t noticed this at all. The pictures look very very good to me.

The sensor on this camera is its best feature. First thing is the positioning and shape of it. The sensor allows a person to come up from behind the camera, lean out over the top, and read how many pics were taken. The sensor won' t go off from this angle. This is a plus because you don' t have to even touch the unit to see how many pictures were taken (less scent being left in the woods). Along with that, the sensor is VERY powerful. Atleast in both of my cameras. I was a bit worried because I had heard people say the sensor only works between 12-18 feet. I have not noticed this, actually, I have noticed the exact opposite. I have several pictures where I can just see deers eyes glowing in the background. Some of these deer are probablly 65 feet away when the camera goes off.

Okay, now for some pictures

This little guy decided not to present any good shots of his head. I got a few pics of him and everytime, his antlers were covered up. He isn' t a big buck, but, he isn' t very old either. I believe him to be a 6 point. These pictures were taken at location 2, which is my property, between a christmas tree field and woods.

This picture is from location 1, which is my best friends uncles farm. The camera was set-up in a patch of pines on a hill-side. There is a large corn field at the top of the hill and thick brush with a small stream running through at the bottom of the hill. This buck appears to be a small 6 point, but, look to the right side of the picture at what is comming down the trail. I have enlarged that photo on my computer and I believe that the deer has a small droptine on his right antler.

This picture is one of the best I have got so far. This is from location 2, and is just a awsome picture of a nice doe and a fawn. I am not sure, but I think that fawn took a fancytof my camera

These next three pictures are from location 1. The camera was moved just a little further up the hill. This guys is small, but, he was the only buck so far to really show off his antlers. He has some good potential, being that he is an 8 point and probablly only a 1-1/2 year old deer.

And finally, just a night picture taken at location 1. This shows that there is no flash wash out when using the camera at night.

And some final remarks....

The picture quality is alot better than what you guys are seeing on here. These still aren' t bad, but, in real life, the pics are much better. Hopefully I will get this new scanner all figured out here

And another thing about the camera. They seem to be very very water proof. Yesterday we had some of the worst storms around here in a long time. Actually, people have claimed to of seen a tornado in the same valley as one of my cameras. The rain was comming down so hard that you literally couldn' t see what was 30 feet in front of you. Well, yesterday evening, the rain broke and when I checked on my cameras, they were both perfectly dry on the inside. I would say that if a scouting camera can make it through a possible tornado, it can make it through anything.

Old 08-27-2003, 08:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: HERE>>> STEALTH CAM RESULTS AND PICS!!!!

Nice pics and write up BM.
Old 08-27-2003, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks nice BM! Hey let us know how the batteries last on that cam, if you can. thanks
Old 08-27-2003, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice pics
Old 08-27-2003, 09:28 AM

Hey WV,

I forgot all about the batteries. Thanks for the reminder.

The camera uses 8 " AA" batteries. Both of my cameras have some junky Rayovak batteries in them that I picked up at Wal-Mart. It was a special, 20 batteries for $6.00

My first camera has had these same batteries for two weeks and 5 days and has taken two rolls of film and has already maxed out the event counter. As of yesterday, the battery light still hasn' t been on.

My second camera has had the same batteries for one week and 5 days and has taken a full roll of film, and is currently working on its second roll. Same thing, the batteries still seem to be going strong.

When these batteries die, I will get my favorite batteries in the world, some plain ol DuraCell' s. I' ll update you guys on the battery life as these cameras get more use.
Old 08-27-2003, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the info BM

Hey why don' t you be the guinea pig and try some rechageables? If they would work ok, that would really cut down on the overall cost to use it ???

Whatcha think?
Old 08-27-2003, 10:33 AM

Nice pics. I' m looking forward to seeing some more.
Old 08-27-2003, 11:02 AM

Yup, thanks for the pics and info . . . im definately pickin up one of these things . . you cant beat $65
Old 08-27-2003, 12:57 PM

Hey guys,

No problem for the info. This camera is top notch, and a best buy, and that is even if you don' t consider the price. It kinda makes me wonder what justifies spending the extra $350.00 on a Buckshot? What can you see in a BuckShot picture that is worth that extra mondey?

I just went and checked out my camera in location 1. I had replaced the film on Monday and already I have 10 pics. I just switched the camera to the other side of the cut-away so hopefully there won' t be as much of a chance to have the branches get in the way of a buck.

Friday, it should be done, and I will get that film developed.

Hmmm, so, since last year, I have about 90 pictures of deer from game cameras.

One last thing..... it is amazing to me how few pictures of nothing these cameras take. Out of the three rolls, I have only had one picture that was set-off by nothing and with nothing in it. The other ones with nothing were because I had the camera set to take multiple pics and the deer ran away.

Old 08-27-2003, 01:05 PM

Great post, I was looking at these cameras at my local gander mountain and was wondering if they were any good. I think I will pick I few up for next year.

Quick Reply: HERE>>> STEALTH CAM RESULTS AND PICS!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.