Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Peeing from Stand!? >

Peeing from Stand!?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Peeing from Stand!?

Old 08-28-2003, 07:17 AM

Default RE: Peeing from Stand!?

My beverage of choice on my way to the stand is a 16 oz mountain dew- yummy yummy!!

glass bottle? I give up drinking the stuff when they went to plastic [X(]

I agree though, what goes in must come out. Maybe " they" can come up with a deer scent in the form of a pill or drink that you can swallow and process for the morning hunt....that would be great.
Old 08-28-2003, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Something I' ve noticed after " experimenting" with this subject while hunting.

Female deer seem to be attracted to the scent. I' ve seem them sniff and lick at it, walk away and then return to it.

Big bucks seem to sense a challenge--I' ve watched them scrape right where my " test" sample landed. It doesn' t seem to scare them at all.

The only ones who reacted negatively was younger bucks. I think they are intimidated by what they think is a mature buck.

Must be the overpowering testosterone in my sample! [8D]
Old 08-28-2003, 08:06 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-28-2003, 08:28 AM
Typical Buck

I use to carry a urinal with me ever time on stand. but about 3 years ago, I had an 8 point walk within 5' from the base of my tree, that I' d just peed out of about 30 minutes before. he never even acted suspicious. I ain' t worried with carrying a urinal since.
Old 08-28-2003, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I always use a bottle with a screw cap. There are some guys at work that say they pee from their stand but that could be why they never bring any deer jerky to work
Old 08-28-2003, 09:49 AM

Let it go! I have had both deer and coyotes come in within seconds after I have gone. The first time I had it happen I was in the middle going when I deer ran within 15 yards of me.
Old 08-28-2003, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I usually just let it go if I can' t hold it. All I can say for sure is that it hasn' t bothered the deer that come in range of me. However, these are usually immature animals, so I can' t say for sure if it has a negative effect on mature bucks or not. ???
Old 08-28-2003, 11:55 AM

That' s great for all you guys out there, but for us ladies it' s a bit more challenging. You try peeing off a stand 25 ft in the air when you have to strip from the waist down and you' re wearing 7 layers of clothes!!! Not a fun experience. And the worst part about it is that, unless you put your safety harness on under all your clothes, you end up having to take that off too just to relieve yourself, a practice that, I think everyone would agree, isn' t safe.

My solution? I make sure I go before I get in my stand no matter where I am, at the base of the tree, at the truck or somewhere between. And I try not to drink too many fluids once I' m on my stand. When I go near my stand the deer don' t seem to mind that much especially the bucks...
Old 08-28-2003, 02:45 PM

Maybe someone can argue this, but from what I had read it IS ok to piss as long as your not taking any medications. For some reason the deer can pick up on that in the urine.
Old 08-28-2003, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

What about the " cow peeing on a flat rock" noise that is made from a 25' decent?
Sounds loud to me.

Maybe I need to pop my vitamins at lunch, sounds good to me.

Quick Reply: Peeing from Stand!?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.