Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 08-26-2003, 04:38 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-26-2003, 05:01 PM
nub

Default RE: NOCTURNAL!

Didn' t you cover this subject already in this thread? http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.as...mode=1&smode=1
Old 08-26-2003, 05:24 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-26-2003, 10:19 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

Ok, Bowdacious I have to ask. How the hell do you get to the stand in the dark? I scout and memorize and might tie little tags on the trees. I have avoided the reflective tape because I figured it would make the deer change their behavior. unless I use a flashlight I am a stumbling moron. And it doesn' t help much when I damned near step on a cottontail and jump out of my skin. Do you use a light? what' s the secret? I used a LED flashlight last year after I had stumbled to my stand 2 or three times without one.
Old 08-27-2003, 02:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

On my way to my stand in the morning, I walk WAY out of my way--circling all the way around my hunting area in an effort to avoid going though the deer feeding in the field. Going straight though would be about 10 minutes and it takes me about 25 minutes going at a good clip. However, on the way out at night, it doesn' t seem to matter which way I go, I will bump into some. But in the field, they will let me get pretty close sometimes--even while looking right at me with good moonlight. They don' t do that during the day.
Old 08-27-2003, 06:28 AM

Deer feel safer in the dark, plain and simple. Why else would they do most of their traveling and feeding at that time? Spook a deer going to stand in the cover of darkness and he/she may return later. Spook a deer at daylight and they most likely wont return for awhile. Yes deer may see you in the dark, but they feel much safer and tend to be less nervous. At least from my experience.
Old 08-27-2003, 06:46 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-27-2003, 06:48 AM

I have avoided the reflective tape because I figured it would make the deer change their behavior
Use the little refective tacks - they will not change the patterns - they will not even know they are there.

Exiting a stand in the evening is the biggest bust going - IMO more stands are ruined by poor exit routes. It can be real tough because that is usually when the deer are all over the place. Put as much thought getting out as you do getting in. I will often walk 20 mins out of the way to lessen this intrusion if I can, and if I wish to hunt this stand again. Day or night - it doesn' t matter, mature deer will peg you and you won' t see them again.

More good stands are busted while the hunter is sitting home watching T.V. and eating soup. That exit route will have ten times the deer cross it as a morning entrance route. And you just got busted while watching Jeopordy
Old 08-27-2003, 06:50 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-27-2003, 06:58 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.