Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 09-10-2003, 05:49 PM

Default RE: NOCTURNAL!

But don' t they also bed down some at night to regurgitate and chew their " cud" ? and also leave their beds briefly during the day to feed near their beds? I' m not trying to be a smarta$$, I could be wrong, but I know I read that somewhere before. I do agree that most of their activity is at night.
Old 09-10-2003, 07:40 PM

JJWIII, about the red light, (and this is for everyone else to ponder kuz i' ve been for a while) if deer perceive the color red as white or gray, then if u were 2 use the flashlight w/ a red lens, then wouldn' t they perceive the red again as a gray or white color??
Old 09-11-2003, 06:16 AM
Fork Horn

Hoytusa10, good question. The predator hunters have used red filters for years and reported good results (even when spotting deer). I figure at the least it still cuts down on the light. My limited experience seems to indicate that they don' t see the red light well at all.