Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Just picked up my first Bowtech... >

Just picked up my first Bowtech...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Just picked up my first Bowtech...

Old 03-17-2012, 05:22 AM
Fork Horn

Default Just picked up my first Bowtech...

Just picked up my first Bowtech... an (black ops) Invasion. After shooting a good deal of bows, I fell in love with this one. I shot the Mathews Monster, Strothers Wrath, Bear Anarchy, Bowtech Insanity, and a Alpine (forget name)... Spent 5 hours at the bow shop and walked out confident with what I bought..
After setting the bow up, I am extremely impressed with its numbers... @ 70#'s and 28" draw, shooting 395 grain arrows, I am getting unbelievable chronographed speeds, 315 f.p.s. Now that is cooking,,,, all with a 7'' brace height! LOVE IT!!
Here are some pics of my set up..
Attached Thumbnails Just picked up my first Bowtech...-img_2416.jpg   Just picked up my first Bowtech...-img_2417.jpg  
Old 03-17-2012, 06:39 PM
Spike

Thumbs up Bowtech insanity

Congrats on your new insanity they are awesome bows I just got mine last week I can't believe how great they shot. I was shooting Mathews dxt and the insanity blows it away even in smoothness vibration and of corse speed, can't believe how well this bow fells for a speed bow. I will say though it's a 6" brace height not 7"
Old 03-18-2012, 07:11 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Insanity198
Congrats on your new insanity they are awesome bows I just got mine last week I can't believe how great they shot. I was shooting Mathews dxt and the insanity blows it away even in smoothness vibration and of corse speed, can't believe how well this bow fells for a speed bow. I will say though it's a 6" brace height not 7"
I went with the Invasion not the Insanity.. The reason I went with the Invasion was the 7" Brace height.. The 6" brace height doesn't suit me well when I hunt with a coat on.. I tend to get string slap.. I was going to go with the Insanity CPXL, but I some times turkey hunt out of a blind and the shorter axle to axle is a little nicer and the Invasion kicks out higher f.p.s. than the XL.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:48 PM
Spike

Congrats on the Invasion. I got mine this Febuary and this is by far the best bow I've ever shot. I got the treestand camo since that is the same camo i wear but the black ops looks awesome.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:22 AM
Fork Horn

Very nice now I love the black risers. Surprised you didn't try a Hoyt though!
Old 03-19-2012, 12:18 PM
Fork Horn

I don't have but 1 Hoyt dealer in my vicinity and he did me very wrong about 12/13 years ago and will not goback to him.. I have to shoot a bow before I put down money to buy one..
Old 03-19-2012, 01:40 PM
Fork Horn

that actually looks sweeeeeeeet!! congrats on it.