Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How early

Old 02-20-2012, 05:07 PM
Spike

Default How early

Do you get onto stand a hour early? More or less. I get in about 1 1/2 hours early. How about you?
I like to be in the stand at leas 1/2 hour before shooting light. Sometimes up to an hour depending on conditons.
TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS wholesale gucci clothing cheap burberry clothing
Old 02-20-2012, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I try to time it to where we are ready in the tree with all camera equipment set up 30 minutes before shooting light.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:25 PM
Typical Buck

I also try to be in and ready to shoot 1/2 hour before shooting light.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:33 AM
Spike

Depends on the stand, but in general a half hour is average
Old 02-26-2012, 07:22 PM
Typical Buck

I usually get in my stand just about day break
Old 02-27-2012, 05:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by browtine7
I usually get in my stand just about day break
ditto - I don't see a need to be in the stand too early. Especially if you can sneak in quietly. Now with a climbing stand that's different. Then I would say at least 1/2 hr early.
Then again,I recall one instance where I was hooking up my stand to the tree and getting ready to climb when 2 buck ran right into me (in the dark) and stayed around as I climbed the tree. They must have thought I sounded like two other buck fighting is all I can think.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
ditto - I don't see a need to be in the stand too early. Especially if you can sneak in quietly. Now with a climbing stand that's different. Then I would say at least 1/2 hr early.
Then again,I recall one instance where I was hooking up my stand to the tree and getting ready to climb when 2 buck ran right into me (in the dark) and stayed around as I climbed the tree. They must have thought I sounded like two other buck fighting is all I can think.
Have had this happen both climbing up and down at dark. I usually try to be in/at stand 1/2hr before as well.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:28 PM
Fork Horn

I try and get into the tree as early as I can, usually 1 - 1 1/2 hrs before light, reason being I have had deer follow my trail in sniffing the ground, even with rubber knee highs on and scent blockers and cover scents before. They may or may not have know what they were tracking but they came right to the stand and tree! And some of the areas I have hunted I have snuck right into their bedrooms and set up. To me each situation and set up is different but if I'm hunting I'm hunting and a extra hour in stand is worth it to bust a big buck, just my two cents worth.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:23 AM
Typical Buck

Normally 30 minutes or so before shooting light. Have been in the stand before light and have deer walk under me, blow at me in the dark 30 yards away while getting settled.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I try to be settled in before everybody else starts heading to their stands. Just set there an hope someone pushes deer my way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.