Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 PSE should change their name to POS! >

PSE should change their name to POS!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PSE should change their name to POS!

Old 08-21-2003, 10:09 PM
Spike

Default PSE should change their name to POS!

I have about had it with PSE Bows. I have been vigourosly trying to get my Thunderbolt tuned here before the approaching weekend. I will be moving away from home to go back to college so i wanted to get everything ready for the fast approaching season. I was inspecting my bow noticed stress fractures in the forks of my limbs. I am using Limb Savers and rubber string Silencers... I have an older Nova that had the same problem a couple years ago. PSE replaced the limbs free of charge so i thought that i would be able to use this bow untill i could get my fast bow back from the shop. Guess what this bow has the same stress fractures again. I am really torqued off and will never buy another PSE because of thier flawed product, Now I will never be able to get my bow ready for the season. Do yourselves a favor and by a mathews next time your looking for a new bow.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Old 08-22-2003, 11:06 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: PSE should change their name to POS!

i have a pse predator... and it doesn' t have any stress fractures.... i' ve shot it well over 1,500 times this summer.... how long does it take for these to show up? mine has the sims limbsavers and string silencers too.... but it hasn' t gotten any stress fractures yet...
Old 08-22-2003, 12:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

Just out of curiousity, are you sure they are actually fractures in the fiberglass material or is it cracks in the film dip/paint? It is fairly common for us to have several customers come back each year thinking that they have cracks in the limbs when it is actually a crack in the film dip. I hope this is the case.
Old 08-22-2003, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

Pabowhunter may be right. My fatherinlaw had a Matthews which seemed to be possible fractures, but they turned out to be cosmetic. Matthews inspected the bow themselves and returned it.
Old 08-22-2003, 02:55 PM
Dominant Buck

I shot PSE for 25 years and never had so much as a string fray. What weight arrow are you shooting? If you push the envelope you can expect problems with any of them.
Old 08-22-2003, 09:40 PM
Spike

I' ve been shooting PSE Carbons Dominator 300' s... Before that Beman ICS 400' s. The Nova bow has been used and abused in the boat chasing after Carp shooting heavy fiberglass arrows... So it doesnt surprise me, But my PSE F-1 has been abused more then the nova and that bow has yet to have any problems. I brought my bow to a semi-local sporting shop today and the owner said he' s seen this problem on three bows already this year. I think it maybe a common PSE problem.
Old 08-23-2003, 07:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Parts Scatter Everywhere [&:]
Old 08-26-2003, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I thought it was Pull Shoot Explode????
Old 08-26-2003, 07:00 PM
Fork Horn

Had a pse nova liked it, still have it bought a hoyt and LOVE it!!
Old 08-26-2003, 08:27 PM

Oh man, I love PSE, thats pretty much my first choice of the brand of bow I choose. Ive never had a single problem with any of mine.

Quick Reply: PSE should change their name to POS!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.