Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
First Bow Questions >

First Bow Questions

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First Bow Questions

Old 01-31-2012, 06:25 AM
Spike

Default First Bow Questions

I am a new member to the forums, and a new member to the archery community as well. I am only 18 and have gun hunted for years. I am looking for that next challenge. I've been looking at a variety of bows recently and have taken a liking to a few in the Pse line. I like the brute x and the stinger 3g and just looking for information on which is better or if there is a better choice. I will use it for mostly whitetail. I'm not sure if it matters but I'm 6'3" and I think I would need a bigger pull length. My price range is 500 max and would like it to be ready to shoot. Any information will help.

Thanks
Old 01-31-2012, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

go to a bow shop and ask to get yer "draw length."
as far as pse goes, i dunno
Old 01-31-2012, 06:59 AM
Spike

Defiantly I planned on doing that. Is the brute x worth the extra 100 bucks over the stinger 3g
Old 01-31-2012, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

X2 on the pro shop. You are going to pay a little more. But you will be paying for the useful one on one help and advice. If you do not feel like you're getting that personal attention, try another shop. Most are very good and caring. Some don't. They should offer to set it up, tune it, and let you shoot their range for a limited time all for the price of the bow and accessories.

As far as PSE is concerned, I don't know. The last time I shopped bows I tried PSE, Hoyt, Mathews, and Bowtech. I bought a Bowtech. The only ones I didn't like were PSE. Shoot em all. Buy the one that draws smoothly and feels the best in your hand. All of the bow manufacturers make good products. It's all about your personal feeling.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:30 PM
Typical Buck

X2 don't get hung up on a certain brand. PSE are good but there are a fair number of bows out there in your price range. Remember that you will also need to purchase accessories for the bow if they are not included (sight, rest, release, arrows etc.) Definitely look for a good archery shop to go to.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

i think bass pro has a "kronic" bow, ready to shoot fer $3-400